Please give computer help

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I am a complete computer idiot. But, recently I have been seeing links in the ROTY thread. When it takes me to YouTube I get this message:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player.

I click on the highlighted get the latest, and it takes me to Adobe's website. There they have a box to click to download it. For some reason, this link does absolutely nothing on my computer.

I have used YouTube for a good while now, but this is a new problem for the last 2-3 days. My question is, about the JavaScript being turned off. How do I turn it back on? I didn't turn it of myself, but one of my kids may have. I'm lost as to where to go. Also, would it being turned off have anything to do with why my computer won't download the latest version?

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
swaq said:
Depends on your web browser. In Firefox 2.0 you go: Tools -> Options... -> Content -> Enable JavaScript. Other browsers should be similar. I highly recommend using Firefox though.
yes... Firefox FTW... i think i used that right.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Changed my default browser back to IE (from AOL). I even downloaded IE7.0. I followed the instructions that HID posted. When I got to the active scripting, it was already enabled. I have these problems wether i'm on IE or AOL