Pics of the "MKV Supra" (I know I know...repost, but just look)

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Hybrid = $$$$$$$$$$$! Ever price out the hybrid battery on a Prius or hybrid Highlander or Camry? Prius $3500, Highlander/Camry $6000. I have seen many hybrid cars (Prius) once they hit 70-100k or so on the odometer, come in and need inverters, ECU's, and other "hybrid system related garbage" that seems to start @ $1000 a wack. The hybrids currently available are waayyy to expensive and wwaaayyy too costly to maintain. I seriously doubt Toyota has another "super car" added to it's line. For the $$$ attached to such a beast, it will wear the big "L" on the nose for sure. You want a "Toyota" sports car? Scion TC (deemed by Toyota as the replacement to the Celica) is all that's left if you consider it to be anywhere in that class. With their full focus on the new '07 Tundra, and soon to come HD diesle truck options, I don't think they are too concerned w/ the sports car market.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
the supra is alright..............but, the R8 is pure seks
nationpicture.php

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Nick M said:
Got boosted, that is not the new Supra. It is a Lexus that the editors put a Toyota badge on the front.
Plus it says it will come out in October 2007..dont ya think they would have more than simulated photos and a vague concept car if its coming out in 8 months?

Anyways I think this will be Toyota's new sports car...and this article is from Road & Track so there has to be some truth right???

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=4440 ( FT-HS BTW )

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
supra or not

Toyota envisions that punch to be a rear-wheel-drive Hybrid Sports Concept (HSC) that develops 400 horsepower. "It's a new kind of sports car for the 21st century," adds Hunter. "Eco and emotion in a sports car concept with a performance target of 0-60 mph in about 4 seconds and a price tag in the mid-$30,000 range."
mid 30,000 for a 400 hp car that gets 50mpg ill take 3

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
bobiseverywhere said:
it's rumored though that even the new skyline will be loosing the I6 :( They have already assured everyone that it's coming and what it will look like, but the engine i bet has gone the way of the Dodo

the only manufacturer i know of today that still produces a car with a I6 is BMW and TVR
This is confirmed to be true. It will be a TT v6 producing around 420hp :D The $70k price tag is right too :(

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
Nick M said:
Got boosted, that is not the new Supra. It is a Lexus that the editors put a Toyota badge on the front.

i got a road and track mag from NOV 06 that has the new Supra in it, and iirc that is exactly what it looks like, it's suppose to be an 08 model.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Nick M said:

The images I posted are of a SUPRA, well, at least that's what Toyota calls it. I don't think convertable or V6/V8 engines are Supra material, but it looks sexy either way, like a cross between a G35 coupe and MKIV, two cars that I strongly lust after.

Lexus has their own concept which is more exotic.

Collin

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
bobiseverywhere said:
it's rumored though that even the new skyline will be loosing the I6 :( They have already assured everyone that it's coming and what it will look like, but the engine i bet has gone the way of the Dodo

the only manufacturer i know of today that still produces a car with a I6 is BMW and TVR

Inline 6's are my FAVORITE configuration because it's naturally balanced and a beautiful thing, but nobody wants them anymore because they are big and heavy. It's easier to fit a V6/V8 engine with more displacement.

It does sadden me that the new "Supra" won't be turbocharged because Toyota feels that turbochargers hurt their image of being the most reliable vehicles on the road, but that won't stop Greddy from making a TT kit. :D

Collin

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
off topic nothin! lol oh well, it'll get more attention here.

The I-6 isn't as balanced as a lot of people think they are. The v8 has been the most naturally balanced motor produced, because the momentum of a properly balanced v8 keeps it stationary and allows it to make a LOT of power. The I-6 DOES have a "natural balance" because all the cylinders are inline, but not quite as balanced as a v8

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
the silver car is a lfa not the supra

I agree they screwed up the should have kept the jz series going or up its design to like HZ or 3JZ run it with dual vvti like the beams engine turbo it and also have no starter but the hybred motor built into the back of it if they did have to go that route toyota is missing there target by jumping onto the V6 banwagon like nissan.