People's reactions when riding in your supra

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
I searched around a bit, and found nothing. I was on SF just a few minutes ago, and saw a similar thread on there. What are some people's reactions after riding in your supra?

I dont give out A LOT of rides, but when i do i drive like theres a cop behind me and make conversation. Then when they least expect me to i drop it into 2nd and rip it. The reaction i get is usually: "whoooo" "holy shit!" "I cant believe thats a 3.0L!"
I really get sick of explaining what a blow off valve is...

What do you guys/gals get for a reaction?

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
1 damn its slow......
2 whats that sound
3 whats that smell.
4 why is your car jerking when u accelerate.
5 make that sound again!!
6 How the HELL DO I GET OUT!
7 why are there so many gagues?
8 how come i weigh 100 & 5'5 and i have feel like there is no room to move back here.
9 WTF is this yellow smoke coming in the vents.

my replies:
1 its stock and weighs 3600lbs
2. something is leaking.
3 POWER BITCH!!!
4 so it can move.
5 ill just whistle for you.
6 GO GO gadget DOOR HANDLE
7 to drive w/o looking at the road.
8 suppose to be a 2 seater.
9 sleep gas...( my heater core blew)

Last edited:

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Most people that ride in my supra had never been in a turbocharged vehicle before and everytime the gears change, the turbo sound surprises people and their face is like :biglaugh: . Even on the outside people walking,riding bikes turn their head when I'm driving just to see that it is a toyota supra turbo making all that noise.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I love getting an old school muscle guy in it that's never been in a turbo car.

Pssssh..........."What the hell is wrong with this thing"..........head get stuck to the seat..........Pssssh.........."Whoa, this is Bad Ass"

Nov 29, 2006
Vacaville, CA
How do i get out? (classic)

that one is always my favorite bc after like 8 months one of my ex girlfriends she still couldnt find the door handle to get out my car.

The BOV one is great too.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
"why are we sideways?"
"HOLY SHIT!!"
"this thing is garbage, its non-turbo"
"where is the door handle?"
after a nice rolling burnout "hahahaha......sweet"

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
"what the fuck was that..."
"what the fuck was that...Noise"
"what the fuck was that...Smell"

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
empera said:
"what the fuck was that..."
"what the fuck was that...Noise"
"what the fuck was that...Smell"

Hahahahahaha, thats awesome.
I was a big fan of the "Where the hell's the door handle" one also.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
"Uhhhhhaa!" (Then as you shift, the come off the seat back...)

"Slow down!" (They yell as you grab second and throw them back again!)

"Unnnnhhh!" (As you show them why you put the huge brakes on.. and they test the seat belt straps...)

"Let me out.. Where's the door handle...?" (I'm generally laughing so hard at that point, it really is funny.)

My buddy with his big block powered 68 Mustang and I were racing awhile back, he of course beat me off the line, and out to just under 100mph, then my car passed him like he hit the brakes... later he asked how fast I was going just after I passed him? Says he guesses about 125mph... (He is a local city PD officer... :) ) I had to smile and say, uh yeah just alittle over that... about 135mph...

That is one of the things people who have not driven in turbo powered cars can't belive, the power never ends when it's setup right. (And on larger displacement turbo engines, you have more low end too, so it's truely amazing to ride in a twin turbo V8 powered car with say 6L or more displacement v/s our 3.0L...)

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a 2003 RS6... factory rated at 450hp, twin turbo 4.2L V8 and really easy to get into the 650hp range.. plus they are awd, so you can actually get the power to the ground in most cases... (And to the untrained eye, they look like any other Audi A6.... can you say sleeper boys and girls...? LOL)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
+1 for how do you get out,
then theres the, "sorry for pulling the trim off of your lock"

"wow, like getting in the milenium falcon"
"thats allota buttons and nobs and dohikies"

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
The best was my dad when he drove it. "I gave it a little throttle and the back came out. It scared me never did it again" He thought it was slow..