Passenger seat on drivers side.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I was wondering if the brackets for the passenger seat rail fit on the driver's side of the supra. I would like to ditch the driver's seat, as it is heavy as hell and I do not want a cheap bucket or a knock off racing seat. I know that there are a few who did this, just wondering if the brackets will bolt on the drivers side. TYIA

suprat13

Jun 14, 2005
tn
I picked up one a few years ago from a junkyard. Direct fit for me. Honestly i dont think its worth the sacrifice. I have since gone back to the power seat and im loving it. As Tissimo stated not only are the controls on the wrong side the seat also sits a little closer to the door.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
tissimo;1005458 said:
all your controls will be on the wrong side if you do get it to work somehow

Won't matter after 15 min of getting my seating right. I haven't adjusted my seat in over 1.5 years. What is the point of a power seat if I dont use the power functions?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
You know you could just pull all the motors out of the seat and weld/bolt the adjuster into position. That's what we did when we put the supra seats in the pickup truck.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
JonoTurbo;1005671 said:
You know you could just pull all the motors out of the seat and weld/bolt the adjuster into position. That's what we did when we put the supra seats in the pickup truck.

Or I could get a mint burgandy passenger seat from someone local for cheap and bolt it in :)