painted my last supra help me decide on this one

87coupe

Jul 2, 2009
michigan
lol OK i don't get the mac n cheese post ? anyway the consensus seems to be a solid color. my wife seems to think so as well. since the interior is burgundy and red. i plan on changing the interior to red and black. i was going to test some sema interior paint to see how well it will stick to it. so I'm kinda thinking black exterior and black and red interior. and the same in the engine bay and engine. is there a thread on here that might tell me what i can pull out of engine bay without doing damage? the last one i had the previous guy had already gutted it.

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
I have learned from my mistakes because i started off just like you with burgundy,wich i hate because for some reason i have like a curse with that color.Once i thought it was good idea to paint it b17-blue from honda. but it wasn't shinny enough and not suitable.Then one day i realized that black was best.I will spraying PPG JET BLACK, then adding some silver pearl to the clear coat.

SUITABLE COLORS FOR A SUPRA

JET BLACK( I heard u like black so thats best for you )

GUN METAL GRAY

CHARCOAL GRAY

DARK MICA BLUE

MIDNIGHT BLUE

DARK GREEN PEARL

ULTRA SONIC BLUE MICA

RED FIRE

PEARL RED

CANDY APPLE

SILVER

87coupe

Jul 2, 2009
michigan
ya that burgundy doesn't leave much for desire :) i'm going to redo most of it with rid and black and probably get some racing seats or something. the rear seats are trashed so i might pull them out all together and do something with a stereo system back there not sure yet. but it's looking like the exterior is going to end up black. the rims that came with the car are pretty nice and would look again with black as well.

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
87coupe;1357954 said:
ya that burgundy doesn't leave much for desire :) i'm going to redo most of it with rid and black and probably get some racing seats or something. the rear seats are trashed so i might pull them out all together and do something with a stereo system back there not sure yet. but it's looking like the exterior is going to end up black. the rims that came with the car are pretty nice and would look again with black as well.

depending on your budget , if you like racing seats go for it or you could also use some integra seats (light weight,jz70 style) and re do the back ones or buy another set.stereo well keep it simple you could hidde an amp and maybe a set of 10 subs.

trunk
------------
amp hidden underneath of the capet
] <---> [ speakers on the sides
----------

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Paint it yeller:

2cepu6w.png

Last edited:

87coupe

Jul 2, 2009
michigan
ya i seen supra_girl on youtube and hers looks pretty nice yellow. i could do yellow exterior and yellow and black interior.

as far as budget.... i'm not sure yet what i want to spend. i dont plan on really tearing into it till the end of summer so i'll see what i have then.