painted my last supra help me decide on this one

87coupe

Jul 2, 2009
michigan
the pictures attached are my two camaro's i painted and the one supra i had for about 3 months and painted last summer. iv since sold all three of these vehicles but to give an idea of my skill level as a painter. I'm no pro but I'm no beginner either.

OK reason for this post is to get some ideas of how i should paint my new supra. the orange camaro i actually made that design on "need for speed" and painted it. so any ideas please feel free to throw them out there. crazy cool weird anything. as of right now i'm thinking metallic green and not sure if i want to do designs on it yet.

thanks for any ideas.

Attachments

• orange1.jpg
    orange1.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 93

87coupe

Jul 2, 2009
michigan
well attached is the interior. i'm going to change the interior a little. i was thinking one color and no designs as well but then i thought why not be unique also. i mean these cars are fun to ride and very eye catchy....

stand out or go clean... not sure yet. kinda was hoping for some good ideas before i decide.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

87coupe

Jul 2, 2009
michigan
lol no green huh lol. well i seen a nice deep metallic green mk3 on you tube with tinted windows and a nice set of chrome rims and it really caught my eye. how about the picture of the green and blue further up in this thread only with black as the base and red as the design? it's pearl white right now but that just looks dull to me. I'm 32 so i don't want something to obnoxious but something that doesn't say I'm old either.

BoostJunkie

Nov 27, 2008
Clarksville, TN
IMO the body lines and the trim dont leave much to do alot of graphix or designs. Single color looks the best, but if you want to do something then two tone is not a bad option. and of course paint the body trim to match. Makes a big difference.

87coupe

Jul 2, 2009
michigan
not really trying to please anyone just looking for ideas. i love black, i've painted quite a few cars black. it shines nice, it looks mean, and rims and lots of different interior colors can go well with it. i just like to be different sometimes with my cars as well.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Black is only nice when new and clean. Once it fades and chips, it sucks ass. I'm very partial to the grey stock color. It even looks good faded. Grey is similar to black, in that you can match many things with it.

Everyone has an opinion, and i don't want to piss you off at all, but that interior is not nice at all to me. Red and Burgundy do not flow together too well. It makes it look like you are slowly changing the burgundy to red. The remaining Burgundy parts look old and rough and needing to be replaced. The new seat covers also appear to not be tight enough. They almost look like seat covers that lay over bad leather.

Solid colors look good. Some of your graphics look good. If you do a graphic right, it makes a car really stand out. If you do it wrong, it can kill a nice car.

87coupe

Jul 2, 2009
michigan
hey forced induction, your not offending me at all with you're opinions. i just got this car so that interior is not my work. i plan on pulling it all out and redoing it. this car is going to get a nice make over. iv restored a lot cars over the last 5yrs and this one is going to get my best effort. if i do the graphics I'm definitely going to spend some time on them and make sure the blend with the shape of the body.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
2005-02-13--Weird_Color.jpg

just go with a solid red already :)