Overhaulin'

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
americanjebus said:
i'd be really warry if someone told me my supra had been with them for 1 week, i know it would look cool, but it'd probably be bright green with racing stripes a wing and a rebuild done by someone who's never worked on a 7m. Hell, they'd probably buy a new longblock from toyota and try to throw a diesel turbo on it and call it good with an msd ignition.

I think we are talking about Overhaulin' not Pimp My Ride :aigo:

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
americanjebus said:
i'd be really warry if someone told me my supra had been with them for 1 week, i know it would look cool, but it'd probably be bright green with racing stripes a wing and a rebuild done by someone who's never worked on a 7m. Hell, they'd probably buy a new longblock from toyota and try to throw a diesel turbo on it and call it good with an msd ignition.

How do you know? Maybe they would do research and have Driftmotion rebuild it..? lol Thatd be a long shot hope though.

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
americanjebus said:
The problem with your application is that your car is european,

Most of their sponsors if you hadnt noticed are like Year One. Mostly domestic american, non metric measurment cars the parts the like.

i've only seen them do ONE import, that was a civic and they gave it a gay looking paint job and a body kit, however, they did do a good job on the dudes engine rebuild.

I dunno i bet they wouldnt do it because of their lack of parts that could be accessed in 1 week for a jag, especially that v12.

thats why they ask what it is the "mark" wants to be done with the car or ay future plans...go read the application.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
MKIII N00b said:
thats why they ask what it is the "mark" wants to be done with the car or ay future plans...go read the application.

i AM talking about overhaulin, and i've gone over it, there have been episodes where the insiders specificaly tell chip foose that the "mark" HATES stripes, then they immediatly went and put them on anyway, it looked awsome dont get me wrong but they did it. I dunno, if you can manage to get on the show, no matter what they do im pretty sure you'd be happy with the results no matter what. Overhaulin is the only show that seams to have tastefull work.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
I've seen quite a few Overhaulin' shows off BT.. and there was one with a Pontiac GTO... which they put in a 461cube bigblock... :drools: They made the car from 68 look like something newer and cleaner than what comes out today out of car factories... and the stereo system setup was very neat... they don't go bling bling... they do quality builds in my opinion... Love their work.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
HellsLegion said:
Ill give you $5 if you find someone who will WILLINGLY work on a 80-90's Jag V8-V12

you got a paypal account?
ive got an address and phone number handy
he happens to be a close friend of me and my father, and his work is brilliant.
he specializes in working on english cars, and does great work on euros.

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
looks a a jag engin bay*dies*

yah i to would love to see what the foose would do with a supra 2j i would hope the always do it right so...

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
here you go, she gave me the green light, we started the APP, but he came home so were going to finish it up later.

heres the pictures of the jag.

p479886_1.jpg

rear

p479886_2.jpg

rear/left

p479886_3.jpg

drivers side

p479886_4.jpg

front/left

p479886_5.jpg

front

p479886_6.jpg

drivers side/interior

p479886_7.jpg

front interior

p479886_8.jpg

"cockpit"

p479886_9.jpg

center console

p479886_10.jpg

trunk

p479886_11.jpg

rear seats

p479886_12.jpg

passenger seat/door

sorry if it doesnt look that great...had to do it at night because he was out for awhile.