Optima Batteries, who's running them?

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
Red, Yellow, Blue.

Was wondering what everyone's take is with them? Satisfied or not? My Die Hard of 3years is starting to flake on me so i'm looking.

I'm thinking of getting the Blue (if it will fit) if not then the Red.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
yellow also, best investment so far! lol, its good if your storing the car for a long period has a long shelf life. but also planning on changing it to a blue once its dead.

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
quick quesiton my buddy used to work at batteries plus and they had a pamphlet for optimas and it stated the uses for each color

red-high horsepower more demanding
yellow-high use of elctronics(systems)
blue-marine

is any of this correct

i was looking at my next car running a braille anythign wrong with them

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
arizzle;1159885 said:
yellow also, best investment so far! lol, its good if your storing the car for a long period has a long shelf life. but also planning on changing it to a blue once its dead.

It's a Supra so WILL spend at least 9 months a year NOT running ;)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I'll be using a tiny little motorcycle battery, so don't ask me. :) LOL.

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
IJ.;1159898 said:
They come in a whole bunch of sizes the Red/Blue/Yellow are just different versions in the same size cases.

i have 2 sets of fogs and a system a nice little audio setup.. 1 ten inch sub in my car.. with door speaker amps and sub amp.. what batteery would be recommended?

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
I killed 2 reds and a yellow before switching to a blue and haven't had a problem since. I think it needed a marine battery because the supra is such a boat.

walkertx2008

Vivian is a bad Bitch
Oct 1, 2008
Robins Air Force Base, GA
I have a 1988 turbo with a full sony xplod system and two 12" mtx audio subs. I runa yellow top battery and haven't had a problem with it so far it powers everything in my car with no problems and no dimming the lights or anything and yes i do kno the red top is for power, the yellow top is for electrical, and the blue top i believe is actually a marine (boat) battery. but i am 100% sarisfied with my yellow top and if it dies i will definetly buy another.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
shaeff;1159894 said:
I'll be using a tiny little motorcycle battery, so don't ask me. :) LOL.

Been running a PC680 here for prob 2-3 years now and put it through more hell then I ever expected it to live through. It was even jumped backwards once which killed it to 7 volts! Still as strong as it ever was.

Just don't let the car sit for more then a week or so if you have a thermostat only controlled electric fan (runs regardless of ign). It'll be pretty drained. I don't have... any ICE what-so-ever though, so that might make or break it.

Last I saw your car was... well, unique. LOL. How's it coming?

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
Yellow and you don't have to worry about cleaning the battery terminals. Now I just gotta get new battery cables.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
IJ.;1159893 said:
It's a Supra so WILL spend at least 9 months a year NOT running ;)

lol, so true thats why i choose the yellow top :icon_bigg, I'm on my second car and I've only used one battery:aigo:

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
I have a Red Top. I've had ZERO problems! I love it, and my next car will inherit the battery, if possible. If not, I'll opt for a Blue Top since people seem to love them more than the others.

webbs7mgte;1159889 said:
i was looking at my next car running a braille anythign wrong with them

Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent braille batteries for racing purposes? Isn't it supposed to have just enough juice to start the car?

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I'm using my brother's red top right now which he has been using for a few years but a pretty demanding system in his mx-6. Car got sold so I'm using it. Just today I left the lights on for about 3.5 hours (2 clicks, not the headlights) and I went it started up first turn, no strain. Even though I felt stupid about the mistake, I knew it wouldnt be a problem. Hasnt given either of us trouble, ever.