Operation Clean Engine bay

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
polobai;975651 said:
Here is mine-its a little extreme but should give you some ideas. All the wiring was extended and hidden under the intake manifold, the ignitor and other things that were on the fender were relocated to inside the fenderwell, the fuse box was moved to the inner fenderwell, battery to the back seat area, abs removed and replaced with non abs lines, all holes shaved that were not used, etc.
I'm not a fan of purple (to each his own) but that is one sexy engine bay:naughty: looks great!:thumbup:

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
iheartmx83;975603 said:
p976321_1.jpg

you guys got nothing on my engine bay LOL.

damn thats clean!!! you even took out the engine

iheartmx83

May 8, 2007
CA
ha, somone got the joke. i just sprayed the flat black parts, one side had a bit of rust, so i painted the other side to look the same... lucky me, i have no abs, so it dosent look cluttered and im going to run no a/c :)

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
iheartmx83;976354 said:
ha, somone got the joke. i just sprayed the flat black parts, one side had a bit of rust, so i painted the other side to look the same... lucky me, i have no abs, so it dosent look cluttered and im going to run no a/c :)

no but seriously... it looks good. when i pull my motor, im going to do the same thing. what paint did you use? i bought some paint and primer from napa auto parts. hope it works for me
-pete

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
MisterTurbineTwister;964589 said:
Are you guys serious about the HKS filter?

very cerial.

HKS leaves VISIBLE dirt past the filter. mk4 guys notice this allot on the stock twin setup.

:nono:

iheartmx83

May 8, 2007
CA
i used rust-oleums primer, and there flat black. i only painted the black part cause i was lazy to do the whole thing :) im not going turbo or anything so i dont expect super duper heat.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
You can route the harness through the firewall, underneath the dash. That cleans up the enginebay quite well (along with hiding the fragile wires from a high heat situation)