Opening Climate Control

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
HKSTechnician said:
I remember Alan Bishop stating thats what he used.

Gotcha, not how I'm planning on doing it. Adding a deep enough tint will dim the display appreciably.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
HKSTechnician said:
Same principle i think. It was an Art Tape. Thats clear and comes in different colors.

If anyone's planning on modding the color this way I would recommend you use lighting gels. They're used with spots and flashes (etc) in theater and photography work. They're very stable and less prone to hue shifts than a lot of other options.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I am surprised this hasn't left my build thread. Anyways.. I finished 2 so far. Mine and Kyle. I have 4 more coming in soon

Mine
p689351_1.jpg

Kyle
p689351_2.jpg

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
It'll look a little better if you throw some light window tint in the display lens. Other than that they look very good!

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
BorHor said:
I actually did add tint as you suggested CRE

Oh, sorry. Must be the exposure, I can see the display elements. At any rate, they look very good. I'm glad someone finally did the two tone arrow buttons, I always thought that might look good.

s!ke

JDM Tyte Yo!
Jun 17, 2006
San Jose, California
boris how much are you charging to do this? or can you at least send me a a list of which leds i need... the other thread is really jumbled and im so confused.