Opening Climate Control

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Okay I got the rear cover off how do I take off this front plate?

p673447_1.jpg

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Yeah it wasn't to bad...

I am thinking about doing these for people this summer so talk to me if you want these done.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
well, the UK/EU ones are the same as the JDM ones - ours are just a control box for the main electronics, that are scattered around under the dash - yours is the controller and all the electronics in one whole unit.

I could fit the US one...but i'd need to have a whole loom and chop it about a bit - and thats just not feasible....

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Talked to my dad and he said the best place to buy LED's are on Ebay from people in Hong Kong. Just make sure their seller rating is good and all should be fine. I think I am going to order lights tonight. Still deciding on what colors to do it in. Maybe like CRE minus his display which I might look in to swapping as well.
CRE_CC.jpg

CRE's PICTURE

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
BorHor said:

You're making things harder than they need to be doing it this way, and you risk scuffing the faceplate.

BorHor said:

Take some needle nose pliers and the white pieces seen from the back of the PCB pop right out leaving the front half and the button faces attached to the shell.

And yeah, bending all the LEDs to fit gets a little monotonous. ;)