ok WTF? where is this coming from?

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
ok all the signs point to boost leak, but I've checked evry thing rplaced the BOV new hard pipes, still stock 3000 pipe and it isn't the same all the time just most of the time, it starts at right around 7psi all of a loud almost chattering of air (sounds to be coming from passinger side but not totaly shure) and the car still pulls but with fast pulsation of power then nothing then power again, really rough and sounds like dukie all the way to hittin fuel cut yet my boost guage never goes ove 6-8 psi, yet some times (like 3 times) it runs great and hits aslmost full boost (9.5 at the moment is full boost), I have checked all my vacume lines what is getting me is the noise, any sugestion of what this might be?
thanks for any help

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
hmm, when I tore my wg abart to rotate it the diaphram looked good, but could their be a verry slithg leak some where on it from dirt or somthing? and would that make that sound? and sorry stupid question but what is the best way of pressure testing you IC pipes?
thanks

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
no none of those, sounds almost like a crakling if you will, hard to expleain, I'll try and get a sound clip up, but other than no power and hitting boost cut to soon and not being able to boost past 6 or so psi, the car runs great up untill thn I just don't under stand how if it is just a leaky IC pipe or somthing than how is it so loud... and why is it not constant?

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
codes pull are just boost cut and o2 sensor but it only pulls like 12 in vacume on my boost guge don't knoiw how reliable that is but seems a little low to me, also I don't know if it means anything or not but I have the same BOV as my freinds sr20 240 (greddy rs) and I can't keep it from fluttering when his goes of its one solid whoosh, but mine keeps fludering even at 7 or so psi, but I think that might just me do to such low boost but his does it at like 1-2 psi and is a solid whoos, don't think thie means anything but just stating evrything

Last edited:

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
12 inches of what?

i would read the plugs, you could be experiencing detonation and if thats the case say bye bye to your head gasket...

N

NDBoost

doesnt detonation cause rod knock issues too? Im starting to think my RK was caused by my FPR vac line popping off under boost, causing me to go lean and fck the motor.

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
I can't remeber what vacume is mesured in, but it only reads 12 on the boost guage, sorry I could tell you if I wasn't asked, isn't it mesure in inches of mucury?

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
I don't think detonation, I don't know it runs ritch tho, but its with a narrow band but it runs ritch by that and keeps pulling the fuel cut cod or turbo boost pressure rather