Oil Pans?

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Well, the engine that we have is a TT from an Aristo, it has a front sump that does not work. Boost Logic lent me a Mid Sump and it's better, but the front of the sump pan hits the cross member by about 8". I was thinking of building a sump pan that offsets similar to that mid/rear pan that TLO86 showed above, unless what I think I'm hearing is that there is one with a rear sump? Is that so?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Rajunz;970951 said:
Well, the engine that we have is a TT from an Aristo, it has a front sump that does not work. Boost Logic lent me a Mid Sump and it's better, but the front of the sump pan hits the cross member by about 8". I was thinking of building a sump pan that offsets similar to that mid/rear pan that TLO86 showed above, unless what I think I'm hearing is that there is one with a rear sump? Is that so?

the picture i have should be the furthest back you can go - it came off the 1jz and from what i remember it looked the exact same as the sc300's

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Just to clarify, I thought that there were only 2 upper pans, front sump and mid sump. There are 3 lower pans, Front/Front and Mid/Mid and also Mid/Rear. However, when you look at the top picture that TLO86 posted, that is a 3rd upper pan unlike these two.
p975609_1.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Rajunz;975609 said:
Just to clarify, I thought that there were only 2 upper pans, front sump and mid sump. There are 3 lower pans, Front/Front and Mid/Mid and also Mid/Rear. However, when you look at the top picture that TLO86 posted, that is a 3rd upper pan unlike these two.
p975612_1.jpg

exactly! :D did the mid/rear setup work or do you need to modify the pan?