Oil leaking from back of block

Tjay

Sep 20, 2008
Alberta
Hey all I got a problem...Oil is leaking from the backside of my engine on the exhaust side..its leaking like a drop every second..where could this be coming from? please dont say BHG.. are there any oil lines that run in between the block and the exhaust manifold? Please help

thanks alot I really appreciate any help..

Tjay

Sep 20, 2008
Alberta
hmm funny enough i did change one valve cover gasket today..thats the first thing i checked when I noticed it was leaking...didnt seem to be coming from that gasket but I will take another look, if its not the valve cover gasket what else could it be? head gasket or what else? lol hope its not the head gasket..

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Actually my NA leaked a little bit from that exact spot and it was from the rear exhaust side oil drain, leaking at the head gasket. Take some pics of where its coming from and maybe we could narrow it down.

Tjay

Sep 20, 2008
Alberta
K, I will take some pics tommorow in the daylight, thanks for the help, I have a feeling its the cam cover gasket that I replaced but im not sure why..followed the TSRM except for torque'ing the bolts to 32 in lbs instead of 22 in lbs because my torque wrench dosent go that low. I figured consistensy between bolts was more important that torque values, but I guess I was wrong.. :(

Thanks again :D

CyFi6;1308711 said:
Actually my NA leaked a little bit from that exact spot and it was from the rear exhaust side oil drain, leaking at the head gasket. Take some pics of where its coming from and maybe we could narrow it down.

surf24365

Aug 19, 2006
New Jersey
I had the same issue a few years back, sure enough it was the back of one of the valve covers leaking on mine. Definitly invest in some better hardware when you reinstall the valve covers, I went with stainless steel allen head bolts. they make retorquing much easier as you can use a long allen key to do it without removing the upper intake plenum.