Oil filter relocation kit

drostar

Apr 24, 2005
SK
Is there a complete oil filter relocation kit for sale somewhere that includes everything I need? Preferably with provision for adding an oil temp gauge. I've seen some "kits" but they didn't have everything needed.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
someone on here was going to do a full oil setup with oil filter relocation and better temperature based oil cooler...

*cough*Aaron @ Driftmotion *cough*

oil temp gauge can be added to the drain plug (though it's a bit finicky), and the oil filter location is extremely easy on this car if you go at it properly...

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
i hear of some people using the Summit kits... i'm intrested in relocating my oil filter, too. where would one find a complete oil filter relocation kit specific to the A70?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
i have the summit, its everything i needed to do it... but i had to supply my own bolts and holes to mount the filter thingy.

using the drain plug for the oil temp sender isnt that bad... thats how subaru's are done from the factory.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
swaq said:
I assume I can't use the drain plug for the sensor if I already have a drain plug valve? http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38929

Try the oil pressure sender location. You can knock out two birds with one stone there.

You can buy an adaptor fitting that is two 1/8" NPT fittings that Y into one 1/8 BSPT fitting.

search here under BSPT and you'll come across a thread or two around here where I've linked to the site where you can buy that fitting.

Screw it into the the block where the oil pressure sender was, and screw in one sensor for oil pressure, one sensor for oil temp, and call it a day ;).