Oil Cooling Setups?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
IBoughtASupra;1490696 said:
Where would I get one of those fitting for the 7M-GE? I know Cressdias and Non-Turbo Supra's would have them but would they be on Camry's or so? Just like how we use the 4AGE engine ARP flywheel bolts.

Go to Toyota. It's maybe $10

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
What about the Greddy Universal Block Adapter? It comes with a sensor in it. It said it is available in two threads and fits "most Toyota." Just asking if that kit would eliminate the 7M-GE stud.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IBoughtASupra;1490894 said:
What about the Greddy Universal Block Adapter? It comes with a sensor in it. It said it is available in two threads and fits "most Toyota." Just asking if that kit would eliminate the 7M-GE stud.

Why are you making such an easy concept so damn difficult? Get the stud from Toyota, it's cheap and you'll have it in a day or so!

Or get an adapter that is worth a damn like the mocal that bolts to the block like the stock system does....

If you're scared of spending $20 at Toyota for that stud then you really should put a for sale sign on your supras window.....

Seriously stop being so cheap....your car won't last a year if you can't afford to spend money!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
LMAO! Cheap? Dude, really, should I get Aarron to verify my account at DriftMotion and the parts I bought, over eight grand in less than a year. Cheap is not in my vocabulary. I just don't like waiting for stuff. So really dude, don't judge.

Built a few Supra's but just nothing as serious as this one. That is why I never did the cooling system. So really, your assumption of me being cheap is horribly wrong.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
i tried nit picking my way through an oil cooler setup, no dice...

I have the NA filter stud (never used it). Paypal $10 and its yours...

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Not to be a dick but saying you buy from driftmotion and you're not cheap is an oxymoron...they are great people not knocking them but that is thier market...he'll I don't think driftmotion has $8000 worth of 7m products....who's counting?

either way...an na stud is not special order and will deliver within a week...hell I've ordered stuff from japan threw Toyota and still got it in a week!

And dude has a stud forsale...done deal

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Grim so you didn't use the stud? What did you use, a Mocal adapter? I am going to see if I can the stud ordered at Toyota tomorrow and place an order for the block plates and then get the push lock hoses at my Speed Shop.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Go ahead and find out. I built my head and engine well, without sparing on parts. WTF is your problem. Ofcourse they don't, I bought a good amount from them. Take a look at my post and see, I did not say $8,000 dollars at DriftMotion.

Shit, I haven't even reused my stock temperature sensor, actually, I have every sensor on my engine new. Ordered from Toyota and a few from Aaron since he stocks some.

Paypal E-Mail Grim? I will have to open a paypal account tomorrow, so I will PM you tomorrow. $10 shipped?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
deanj287@verizon.net, yep $10 shipped. Make sure your shipping address is correct on paypal please.

The adapter i used didn't tighten enough for my comfort when taking into account the direction i needed it to point the hose barbs. I bolted/sealed shut the oil cooler bypass and kept the stock filter head with an adapter on it.

I had/have a thread with my pics for the oil cooler setup. Don't use the hose i first selected as i didn't do my research on it. Also dropped the rx7 cooler due to un-shimmed oil pump and major eye sore in front of the IC.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
dumbo;1491974 said:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-70272?autofilter=1&part=BMM-70272&N=700+300221+4294906639+115&autoview=sku

Thats the cooler I use, little bigger.

I don't see the point of -10 line, considering the filter adapter, cooler, and remote filter head all take 1/2 fittings. It is bigger than stock, but stock is moves oil past 40psi, where full flow moves all the oil all the time.

My pressure is fine all the time, so I'm not worried about the flow of -8.

1 x 90 degree bend is roughly = to 10' of straight line of the same ID flow wise so -10 makes a lot of sense if you need elbows.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
I was reading up on this. And I have a question or two. Is it okay just to allow the oil to constantly flow through the cooler all the time?

Im a newb on the oil system stuff. And yes Ive read jdubs articles. But I didnt see that brought up.

If that is ok what would I need?

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
IJ.;1491984 said:
1 x 90 degree bend is roughly = to 10' of straight line of the same ID flow wise so -10 makes a lot of sense if you need elbows.

I suppose, but the only place you need elbows is either at the adapter, filter head or cooler(and they all only 1/2npt) and I would advise against 90's at all costs.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
dumbo;1492041 said:
I suppose, but the only place you need elbows is either at the adapter, filter head or cooler(and they all only 1/2npt) and I would advise against 90's at all costs.

Sometime you have no option...

I'd rather the hoses and fittings NOT be the point of greatest restriction ever so I go -10.