OHIO thread

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I did, I believe I gave it to supradrifter when he picked up the supra :( If he can chime in, i might or might not have one for you.

Oh and figured i'd throw this out there. My SC got hit :( a lady ran a redlight and hit the front end right before the front wheel. It pushed the front end over about an inch or 2, can't get in and out the pass door. Since the sc's have weird doors, either way, first quote of damage was $6100. So back to the drawing board I go, but depending on what happens, I might be back in a Supra soon enough ;) thats the only thing I'm thrilled about with this whole mess.

Might have to take some pics and change sig soon ;) we'll see what happens.

mjrsplat

Dec 14, 2010
ohio
wornoutsupra;1674148 said:
where is it leaking from??

its leaking from betweeen my fans, just straight pissing.. i found a guy in bg that has one for 45 bucks, but its just a matter of if he will drive it to me, my beater wont make it to bg.

carter;1674234 said:
I did, I believe I gave it to supradrifter when he picked up the supra :( If he can chime in, i might or might not have one for you.

Oh and figured i'd throw this out there. My SC got hit :( a lady ran a redlight and hit the front end right before the front wheel. It pushed the front end over about an inch or 2, can't get in and out the pass door. Since the sc's have weird doors, either way, first quote of damage was $6100. So back to the drawing board I go, but depending on what happens, I might be back in a Supra soon enough ;) thats the only thing I'm thrilled about with this whole mess.

man that sucks, but im in for pics of the carnage.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
well you might be able to fix it yourself, thats what I had to do to my radiator. It had a small leak and i used some plumbing wax some flex core or whatever and a torch and now it dosent even leak.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
mjrsplat;1674311 said:
man that sucks, but im in for pics of the carnage.

I'll put them up here when I can get some pictures of it. Got my 2nd estimate and we'll say 9 times out of 10, its totaled, both estimates are around 6k

mjrsplat

Dec 14, 2010
ohio
wornoutsupra;1674334 said:
well you might be able to fix it yourself, thats what I had to do to my radiator. It had a small leak and i used some plumbing wax some flex core or whatever and a torch and now it dosent even leak.

id rather not go that route, its a cheap ebay radiator anyway, and it would probably spring another leak anyway.

carter;1674368 said:
I'll put them up here when I can get some pictures of it. Got my 2nd estimate and we'll say 9 times out of 10, its totaled, both estimates are around 6k

thats shitty, id buy it back from insurance if thats the case and either part it or make it a track car. or you could sell it to me for 500. :)

supradrifter1

Boost Addict
Jun 25, 2007
Brookville, Ohio
carter;1674234 said:

That sucks to hear man:wtc:. Yeah you gave the rad. to me, but I'm gonna be needing it for awhile.lol

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
supradrifter1;1674879 said:
That sucks to hear man:wtc:. Yeah you gave the rad. to me, but I'm gonna be needing it for awhile.lol

Yea needless to say, I'm not thrilled at all. The newest news, is they want to come get the car and take it somewhere to get it looked at. This is a first for me, but idk if it sounds right... They aren't having someone come out to look at it, just gonna come get it and take it to a shop basically and then tell me the value of the car...

IDK... I got pictures tho, there not that great, but i'll show you the damage.

180628_1852071302921_1274916389_2157947_7984832_s.jpg

180685_1852071702931_1274916389_2157949_332948_s.jpg

183034_1852072062940_1274916389_2157951_2701481_s.jpg

Wish they was a little bigger, but there on FB as well.

I didn't think about undoing the hood and taking a picture... it was a duh moment but the frame is shifted a little. The battery tray came in contact with the belt, and i guess the force of her hitting me broke the air box and mounting points for the lights.

Body shop claimed 1500 in just the two headlights....:yikes:

mjrsplat

Dec 14, 2010
ohio
it totally looks fixable man. let insurance total it, buy it back, fix, profit. or let the insurance company total it, buy it back, sell it to me as is for crazy cheap, profit.

:)

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
I am with Aj on that when and if they total it just buy it back man then you have all that extra cash for play money for it lol. Look at it like the lady that hit you, kinda helped you, in a awkward way lol.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
lol we'll see. I got the rental car today and there gonna come pick up the sc tomorrow to "look" at it.

I mean I'm not saying I'm really pissed about it, just mad because it was a good shell and killed my chances of gettin this other supra. But its all good, we'll see what happens, we gotta see how much money we are gonna be working with.

jlcrhcp85

Jan 6, 2011
Akron, Ohio
so i got plates for yoda today and drove the crap out of her. mind you, she hasn't been on the road in like 5 years. obviously, the more i drove, the better it ran. but something is wrong with the suspension. when i hit a bump slowly, the car wants to move left to right in a wobbly manner? wtf is that? i know i have a bad inner tie rod and no power steering, but i dont think that'd cause the car to shake side to side. i jacked it up and shook the wheels top to bottom and side to side (bad tie rod, good ball joints). if its something stupid and obvious, just understand "i don't know much about suspension".

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
wornoutsupra;1675208 said:
So what did they give you, something small and stupid lol.

Right on point!! A 2010 Chevy Aveo... Base model, With all 108 horses of nothing-ness & 30+mpg ... it works but I don't like it... lol

UT93sc300;1675321 said:
Buy the SC back to get the 2J engine, buy an MK3 shell for cheap and swap it. thats something I want to do at some point.

That is an idea right there, I'm just waitin to see what I have to work with. Depending on prices a GTE swap with 6 speed might be a slightly cheaper, I mean hell, I could always sell the V160 lol

I'd imagine that'd take care of the harness and R154.... I'll check into it tonight tho ;)

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
jlcrhcp85;1675370 said:
so i got plates for yoda today and drove the crap out of her. mind you, she hasn't been on the road in like 5 years. obviously, the more i drove, the better it ran. but something is wrong with the suspension. when i hit a bump slowly, the car wants to move left to right in a wobbly manner? wtf is that? i know i have a bad inner tie rod and no power steering, but i dont think that'd cause the car to shake side to side. i jacked it up and shook the wheels top to bottom and side to side (bad tie rod, good ball joints). if its something stupid and obvious, just understand "i don't know much about suspension".

chek your swaybar endlinks jesse, that might be the problem, they ould all old and won out. does it make any noises while doing this?

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
HA HA HA how in the world can anyone fit in a damn aveo lol, those things are horrible. As for jlc I would go with what 87 said, and or check you shocks and struts, I had the smae problem with another car and that was it.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
wornoutsupra;1675524 said:
HA HA HA how in the world can anyone fit in a damn aveo lol, those things are horrible. As for jlc I would go with what 87 said, and or check you shocks and struts, I had the smae problem with another car and that was it.

Lol Carefully... My girlfriend took a seat in it and said she felt like it we was to get in an accident, we'd die. I mean hell atleast we stood a chance in the Supra & SC but deff not in a Chevy/Daewoo

jlcrhcp85
If I was you, I'd try and get the car on a lift and take a look at the suspension. If the car is a targa, it'll have a little shimmie to it. My 89 Targa did, if I hit a decent size bump with or without the targa on. It was more noticeable with the top off but let us know what you find out.