OBX helical LSD?

MA71

Nov 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
Grimsta;1254900 said:
Lol need to look harder. Most of their stuff requires some kind of modification somewhere. Even their 7MGE headers dont fit right. I believe its Robert who pre-modifies those for people so that they do become direct bolt on and you dont have to do anything to them

That may be the case, but their 5M headers are better than the TRD ones.

Like I said, I do usually try to find somebody else who is using the product first, and if they didnt have any issues with it than I have no problem buying obx :thumbup:

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Grimsta;1254900 said:
ZFast300Z = FTMFL ;)

Everyone rants and raves about it for a reason. Tomei is sick as well, but see, this is a Supra forum, get them to make one and i'll sell it

Lol need to look harder. Most of their stuff requires some kind of modification somewhere. Even their 7MGE headers dont fit right. I believe its Robert who pre-modifies those for people so that they do become direct bolt on and you dont have to do anything to them

Not with everything. There's plenty of good cheap stuff, when it comes to a non sofisticated part. Like those JVT rads (those sure were cheap and good), piping, intercoolers and stuff like that. Its just aluminum welded together, not too many different ways to do that.
What is supposed to have to be done to them?Mine fit fine with no mods(other than extending the wire for the O2 sensor)I welded the downpipe (s) on too,didn't trust clamping them.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Mine was right where the y-pipe comes together,angled towards the tranny/forward,cleared everything fine.My 5M one (no name,exact same as the raptor racing one)I had to move the O2 'cause it hit the floor pan/firewall.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
MA71;1254333 said:
This is one of the first OBX products I've seen that Doesn't fit or work just as well as the product they copied. Every other seen I've seen or used from them has been great.

In the Mini world, the OBX diff is actually Better than the "real" one.

I trust almost everything they make, though usually try to find somebody first who is using it. But in general, its all the same stuff guys... same factories in the same countries, just discount or high-end labels

Um, no. Pretty much ALL OBX products for our cars suck. I wouldn't be caught dead with that crap on my car. It's NOT the same stuff. Not at all. :nono:

x87SUPRA87x;1254739 said:
so you use their underdrive pullies too? :rolleyes: and no they're not the same factories or even in the same countries.... remember: cheap, fast, and reliable... pick two.
I'm with this guy.

Johnysupra

Rhenerie
Nov 7, 2007
Michigan
rhenerie.spaces.live.com
I bought an OBX V160 6spd shifter. The B&M knock off, just to get me running. OMG ! the modifications I had to do were rediculas. I had to Cut the hole in the shifter tripod deal bigger because it hit going into reverse.
it Came with like 4 roll pins and 3 C-clips, all of which were the wrong size. So i had to buy 2 C-clips and a roll pin. The shift knob didnt even thread down far enough, plus it was chrome plated Castiron and weighed like 8 pounds and you couldn't feel anything, and it made the reverse lock out spring stick out like crazy. So i had to Cut down a Greddy alumminum Knob on a lathe, then thread it.
Then the freakin aluminum lockout sleave, OMG it looked like they cut it on a lathe using a flat head screw driver for a cutter. So I had to wrap a peice of round bar with sand paper and sand the inside of the sleave so it would even go up and down on the shifter.
Plus it only came with 3 of the 4 bolts.

So basicly with all my man hours fixing it, plus the new shift knob. My $40 ebay shifter is now a decent looking $200 shifter..

I can now look forward to breaking it within a month of my car being finished...

Ok, im done now.

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
ehhh the dude sellin em told me that there are no more fitment issues, anyone wanna give it a shot?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Quite a few Honda guys are running the OBX Helical LSD with great results. Many making 600hp+ It's a copy of the Quaife Helical. But it was only $350 instead of $900.

Only thing is when you get it you must take it apart and reassemble it correctly because the chimps that assemble it never do it right.

I say go for it..But take it apart and put it back together correctly. But there's a good chance it might still grenade..

Edit: Check this out http://www.marcuccimotorsports.com/jobs/H22%20trans/OBX LSD Disassembly.pdf

Last edited:

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
Poodles;1296980 said:
Ask him if he'll take it back if it doesn't fit LOL

He's a salesman, he'll tell you whatever you want to hear...

already asked him, just waiting on a reply