no Supra... just a lurker saying hey.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
While I don't own a Supra I am definately liking what I see with the MK3. I had a motorcycle accident and decided it was better to go fast in a cage than on my bike. I'm actually going to fix the faring on my bike and try and trade it for a car.
I've been looking around at options for a project car. It's pretty much the MK3, a 240, or maybe an MR2. The more I look at the Supra the more I like it. Great styling, besides the tail lights, good performance with plenty of aftermarket, and I have only seen 1 where I live. PLus it's more withing my budget than the other 2.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
thechori said:
240's aren't expensive, MR2's are a different story from what i've heard though

240's aren't too expensive but most are just really beat up. My only requirment for whatever car I get is rwd. I'm so sick of my fwd eclipse I could puke.

MKIII N00b said:
LOL!!! if your budget is high then this is the car for you!

glad to hear. It really blows my mind that a set of injectors is almost as much as 1 or 2 of mine. I like cheap...

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
only 1 in San Antonio? I'm sure there are more. Tons more. Just most are out of commission though I assume. Anyways, welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
Got Boost? said:
only 1 in San Antonio? I'm sure there are more. Tons more. Just most are out of commission though I assume. Anyways, welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay.

Oh there has to be. I've been on the look out for a few weeks now and have only seen one. very surprising. But that's ok by me.

MKIII N00b said:
Just kidding, but alot of people here spend a hell of alot of money getting thier cars to where they want them.

Oh I totally expect that. I think that's true for anyone that has a project car.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
MKIII N00b said:
Well, comparing to other cars, part for part, money for money. a civic can be made to go faster than a supra for the same amount of money spent.

I considerd one... for a split second. The main thing is I want rwd. plus I just couldn't live with a modded civic or stock, not sure why. I just couldn't do it.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
Got Boost? said:
a civic as a daily would be kool. as for RWD, how about an FC3S or FD3S RX-7 or maybe even a Miata and autocross it?

all out of my price range. the FC is close but I don't know of many shops around here that can work on them should the need ever arise. Thought about the miata too. But if I get that then I have to put an LSX into it...:biglaugh: and that's a reason I'd like to stay from a 240... don't want to do a motor swap. I'm fairly confident in my mechanical abilitiles it's just the time, tools, and space to do it being the big problems.
Although what I'd like to do, no matter what car I get, is buy a spare motor and start building it up piece by piece. Then by the time it's done I should be able to do the swap more confidently.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
IJ. said:
If ya don't mind people thinking you're in your kid sisters car that is ;)
that's funny, I don't care who you are.....
but seriously, I just can't do FWD anymore. I mean i can hit sharp corners fine, but man sometimes i really want to filp the rear out and I can't. other than though it's great car..... i just want better/different. I will never buy mitsubishi agai, even if it was an Evo......