No start!! Weird problem...

ma70torres

Too Boost and Beyond!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Lynwood, CA
Nope that wasn't it. The AFM swap didn't do a dame thing. What i'm thinking is that the CPS is warming up and then dies out. Because the car started then warmed up for ten minutes then cut out suddenly. And I didn't touch a thing. I'm going back to the CPS.... test, test, and test!!!

ma70torres

Too Boost and Beyond!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Lynwood, CA
jetjock said:
If you can smell fuel you must have spark. In this engine no spark = no injection. Plus you'd get a code. Assuming the induction system is leak tight it still sounds like an ignition timing or valve timing issue. The CPS pic looks right but I usually set it using the marks on the housing and gear per the TSRM. It looks right though. The cam marks are set straight up? When you installed the belt did you manually turn the engine over a few times and recheck all the marks still lined up? I dunno. I'm tired and running out of ideas.
Hey tired guy!!! lol
I checked the CPS and it checks out!! yeah!! But shouldn't I have a ground signal on the harness? I test for ground continuity on the harness and nothing. Would that cause my Crank No start Issue? Where is that ground point?