no spark

thetanzer2006

Jan 6, 2007
Austin, TX
well we pulled the wires off the bottom of the coil packs and 5 of the 6 had ppowe the one the apears to signl number 1 to fire wasnt working could that be the problem? what do these wires do its 3 clips coming off a small harness to a green main clip

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Not 100% but I think that clip gets/sends a signal to the ECU for timing. If 5 of the 6 are firing then I think the 1 coil may just be fried and is not a wiring problem. Im pretty sure you can open the front and look at the coil inside to see if its wasted. Id just replace the pace for the fried plug.

thetanzer2006

Jan 6, 2007
Austin, TX
ok well we fixed that harness and tried 2 different sets of coil packs both are good and still no spark the coil packs have voltage about 32v but i think it needs to have about 200ish doesnt it im not sure gonna check with a volt meter while cranking then will update

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Code 12 is the NE, G1 and G2 signals from the CPS...at least one G signal is required for the motor to run. If both are missing, the car will not start (no spark). Code 11 is a momentary interrupt of power to the ECU...likely not the problem. Code 51 is the TPs...also likely not the problem.

I would take a good look at the CPS, especially the wiring.

thetanzer2006

Jan 6, 2007
Austin, TX
I got it running yess!!! i just had some wires on the cps mixxed, but now i did somthing wrong puting on the oil pan gasket n its leaking oil, i'm not doing that again , but now i got it running ill take it to somewhere to have them replace it, and i think i put a rod bearning in wrong so ill get them to do that while they have the oil pan out!! thanks for helping me guys!!