Newbie here:)...

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
You can register a car no matter how old it is as long as it passes emissions and it Skakken inspection. Shakken is something that is required every two years. You must take your car to have it inspected and if there arent any leaks, seepage, tires and other safety items are still good then you pass and get you registration. It cost's almost 1000 USD to have it done. Not including the parts you may have to repair or replace just to get it to pass inspection. It's way more stringent then anything in the US, yes even California. And I registered cars in both California and Japan and here in Japan it is a real pain in the ass. Especially if you have an old car like mine.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
My Japanese tutor was telling me about Shakken yesterday. Sounds pretty harsh, if I lived there I probally wouldnt even own a car.

BTW are you actually Japanese or are you a foreigner living over there?

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
watashi wa American-jin desu!! ( Iam an American) or Nihon-jin de wa arimasen. ( I am not Japanese.) or gaijin ( foreigner) works too.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Bosozuku

Dorifto.

Yes

If you could come upon a second set of folding mirrors and all the wires and controlls Ill take some too. Yellow 13 doesnt live too far away so we can split shipping =P

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
DESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESU...

JK. Kyle gets it.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
lol

Sorry man. Its somthing that we do =P

So how common is an A 70 in Japan? I know your supposed to rid of a car early in japan to reduce emissions and promote commerce so having a 20 year old car isnt common eh?

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
welcome to the forums. great to have you.
can't wait to see those pics.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
HellsLegion said:
lol

Sorry man. Its somthing that we do =P

So how common is an A 70 in Japan? I know your supposed to rid of a car early in japan to reduce emissions and promote commerce so having a 20 year old car isnt common eh?

LOL, its okay..An A70 chassis car isnt too common but not exactly rare either. The GA70's like mine are kinda rare, but the MA70's and the JZA70's are more common. Most of the 70's you see here are of the JZ variety

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
RHDMK3 said:
watashi wa American-jin desu!! ( Iam an American) or Nihon-jin de wa arimasen. ( I am not Japanese.) or gaijin ( foreigner) works too.
Soo desu ka.
Chad desu. Doozo Yoroshiku. Watashi wa Nihon-go no gakuse desu.
Eh, well, that last one is sposed to say I'm learning Japanese I forgot the order tho, is that right? lol.

Hey, welocome. And yeah, we need pics! Lol. Wow, power folding mirrors would be teh sex.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
JDM is soooooo overrated.

KDM is where the REAL Powah is at! :p

I might not be able to hook you guys up with 1JZ's and JDM tails, but if you ever need a Tiburon motor, some Nike tennis shoes or some sweet leather jackets, holler at me. :D

LOLZ. not really.

Welcome to the forums, my friend.

Jeff