New type of engine,

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
I had a government grant, but at least I was doing worth wile research. What I found disturbing though was how easy it was to get in the first place, how much they where willing to give and how little I had to do to keep getting it.

Way too much of our money is wasted on crap. Some one needs to go to Washington and beat down some of the retards spending our money on this crap and then force them to send us refund checks for the money they are no longer spending on said crap.

I would do it my self, but slaughtering morons in the capital would loose me my security clearance which would put me out of work and than what would I do with my free time and lack of money.

I would also point out that it’s not just wasted on this crap, it’s wasted on high gov salaries, commercials for campaigns and a lot of other really worthless things. They are stepping all over the little guy and causing the decline of the western world for the sake of them selves. Also, they may not be paying $200 for a toilet seat any more, but they are still chucking money out the window on a lot of other overpriced items.

Sorry about the ranting.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
if there wasnt some kind of good or progess that came out of this mass spending on the govornments side then they would have sacked it a while ago. Sure it may be easy to get but atleast people are trying, and it makes me happy that someone with a good idea CAN put it to work, wether it works the first time or not. i have no idea on the criteria for receiving this funding but it sounds like i could get some $$ to start a bussiness... after i get my degree.

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
Ya, but there is a point where it stops becoming progress and starts being crackpot garbage. The big problem is no one is reading the progress reports, there just filing them and saying, yes we got a report here is your check…

I know a guy in collage who got funding to do an experiment to test what dog food his dog preferred. He got the funding more or less by filling out the paper work right and he initially did it as a joke.

I do agree however that if some one has a good idea and is making some sort of progress or a least doing some sort of real research that funding them is probably a good idea. The problem is a lot of ideas reach a point where they blatantly become worthless and the research should be stopped, but if you know how to fill out the paperwork you can keep getting your funding just about indefinitely.

As far as money to open a business, I think the government should offer very low interest or no interest loans but there is really no resin to just give out the money so some one can make a profit than never ask for it back…

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I myself have been trying to come up with a new engine. I've been trying to figure out how to make one run on water, since that kind of engine would beat anything these guys could come up with, water being ever plentiful on earth. What do you guys think?
eric

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
Hey stretch, I have a water injected internal combustion engine patented already. Other than that, a pure water engine would just about haft to be a steam engine.

Note the second rail, there is a lot of info on it on SF. It’s not just WI for turbo, it runs all the time for Fuel Econ and dose a hell of a good job. I also have super low emissions as a result.
DSC01318.JPG

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I've got designs for the engine im creating, its all elletrical and uses gravity and magnets to work.
no gas involved.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
That sounds pretty cool, using magnets and such. When I was thinking about it I laughed a bit, imagining an electrical meltdown under the hood when temps got too high ahahaa. No more steam from under the hood, it'll be a full meltdown requiring hazmat suits and all ahahaa. Man, all these inventors, we've got to come up with something better than internal combustion engines sometime soon, it's inevitable.
eric

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
D34DC311 said:
I've got designs for the engine im creating, its all elletrical and uses gravity and magnets to work.
no gas involved.

Question is... Does it produce more energy / power than it consumes?

Also, Im working on a turbine engine design right now that could be revolutionary in the future.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
oh yeah? well ive invented a motor that is just like the IC motor in all our cars today, except when something breaks all i have to do is jerk off on it and BAM its fixed.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
^^ new meaning to "self service"
anyways not that this is a new engine, but its a new application for sure.. I saw one of these at an airshow last yr, wholly crap!!!
first homebuilt jet plane kit ive seen, they fly straight up...
http://www.ezjetinc.com/ kinda cool

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
one thing i have to say is that crackpot science is one of THE coolest things.

keelynet owns.

how about the hutchinson effect? wheres the motor based off of that?

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
MDCmotorsports said:
Question is... Does it produce more energy / power than it consumes?

Also, Im working on a turbine engine design right now that could be revolutionary in the future.

it creates close to what it requires to run. so in turn its not a (shit whats the word, where something creates more energy than it requires to run) _____. but does come very close to this, its way more energy efficent than the gasoline engine or anything that we have today. I've got designs and most of the work finished for it, now i just need to build the damn thing and see if it runs.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
yes hahaha, ^^ right as i clicked on this thread i remebered the name for it, so i was going to go fill in the blank.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
yeah when i was 10 i hung a balloon from a fishing swivel, taped some magenets on it, then used another magent to push/pull the baloon in circles. i thought i nailed perpetual motion but in hindsight it was just an electric motor, reinvented...