New type of engine,

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
whoa. i am going to have to follow up and get some more info. looks cool hard to understand. if you figure it out let me know,,,,

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
if they can make it inexpensive to build and easy to repair for the average mechanicaly oriented person then they have a big thing on their hands

205hp at 2000 rpm... 1.5 ltr engine. wow.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
yea, i was reading that part, and the torque is supposed to be amazing,
and no tranny on some models.

Check it: 650 ft-lb torque @ 1200 RPM

Draken

Jan 8, 2006
michigan
i dont' think it would be much of a car type engine, to much torque, to low of an rpm, would have to have a tranny in a car for the simple fact you would be putting way to much power on the road and couldn't keep tires on it, you r1st gear would be about the same as your current 3rd or 4th gear, just to take off...

but don't get me wrong, could be a fun toy :D

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I smell BULLSHIT.

They are publicly traded ... sure, but it's not the NYSE, and doesn't look to move there anytime soon. For that matter, it's an exhange I've never heard of.

They've claim to have built working engines that have been tested on a dyno... so why is every picture on their website computer generated or drafted? Where are the real pics? Where are the real dyno sheets? Why does their website say it has 6 cylinders when their pictures clearly show 12? Why does their website look like ass - especially the logo? Seriously, we get better quality here on a volunteer budget.

IMO this is a company that dug up an old idea that wasn't very well known and chances are didn't work well, dressed it up with a bunch of modern day buzzwords & technologies, made some outlandish claims, and will now try to raise a bunch of money so that the board of directors (and his brother) can run off to some small island in the gulf of Mexico and languish in luxury for the rest of their lives.

How this thing works is actually pretty simple, but there are some bigtime inherent challenges in the design, and the drawings they have posted show nothing to combat the problems.

If you want revolutionary engines with no crankshaft, IMO, go buy a Mazda Rx series with a rotary in it, these work for real.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
That thing looks like an R4 A/C compressor. R4s shake like a dog with fleas on it and blow up on the regular. I could only imagine trying to make power instead of only compressing refrigerant...

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
hmm, after grim has brought up an interesting point, but im still confused on how this shit works. LOL
fake or not, i wanna know WTF it does, LOL

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
We actually had one like that at MIT when I was there, the resin you don’t see real pics of them is they are ridiculous in real life (I will try and fined a pic, you will Laugh your @$$ off)… They look like large finned metallic turds and there is no good way of mounting them.

Just the center shaft spins. They work by pistons “squeezing” the sinusoidal cam to force it to turn, hence the huge torque. However they ware out fast, are temperamental and have a very limited operational range… About the only realistic application for them is a generator of some sort… In a lot of ways they sort of reminded me of a Wankel rotary. By the way, they lose torque at an incredible rate with ware (changes the sinusoidal profile).

Based on there web site, I would think it’s the same group of nuts that presented us with one. There like retards with engineering degrees… They design in theory and created something fragile, temperamental and hard as hell to build properly.

Also, you do not want piezoelectric valves and such. Piezoelectric is a characteristic that when energy is applied courses vibration or when vibration occurs can generate electricity and is normally in the ultrasound range. The systems are woefully fragile and the advantage over something like pneumatic valves is worthless…

Sorry if I burst any bubbles…

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
Yes, it is very close to the Barrel engine, a couple of little differences and a lot of worthless tech crammed into it. But the patent offices says these jokers are innovative enough that they have some sort of patent on all or some of the motor.

The really sad part is a lot of are tax money is given to retards like this to do there design and development. They really need to stop wasting my money on this idiocy.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
^^ yea, i looked into the whole government grant thing, its easy as hell and all you have to do is give a board progress reports on how its going. and bam checks come to you for funding your project.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Ya, it is easy, my friend was looking into it. He is working on a strate 8 try turbo motor based off a over head cam Bugatti motor form the 30's but that was carbrated:3d_frown: thats nothing like this new motor!!!!!!:biglaugh: