*New to Supra's*

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
IJ. said:
Jimi: Thanks!
(what's the T for in your name?)

Well, I'll go easy on you seeing as you're new to this whole supra thing, so, the T stands for "Turbo" as in my supra is a 1987 turbo. If you don't know what one is, there is a handy little feature called search.

:biglaugh: lol, glad to see you posting again Ian! ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Kyle, don't let IJ kid you. You're twice as cool as he is since you've got twin turbos...........:biglaugh:

I did have it saying 1J instead but wimped out at the last minute..............:icon_bigg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
cat.gif
Meow

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Fatty Observations!

A few things I've noted from this build.

The new motor is the smoothest running 7M motor I've built to date.

There is a noticable "Lope" to the idle now and I put this down to the Lighter Crank, Damper and pistons I'll see if I can tune it out.

The lighter assembly takes a slightly different driving style to get a smooth take off due to the Solid Twinplate clutch.

The new centre muffler has made the exhaust note deeper with 0 droning at highway speeds.

It's building boost 100 rpm earlier without the EBC switched on so overall it should be 200+ rpm earlier, So in effect LESS Lag after changing to the Big IC and 3" Pipes!

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
IJ. said:
Jimi: Do YOU have a Turbo???
(wow you're so cool and everything to have one if you do)

Lol Ian, you do know I was just messing with you right? Just bustin your balls because of the thread title :biglaugh: