*New to Supra's*

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Welcome to sm.LOL:evil2: Good to see you Ian ,Stick around maybe we can learn some good info.:naughty: Hows that rearend working out since you made the washers?
I tried to go back and follow up but could not get there.:3d_frown: John

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
suprahooked said:
Welcome to sm.LOL:evil2: Good to see you Ian ,Stick around maybe we can learn some good info.:naughty: Hows that rearend working out since you made the washers?
I tried to go back and follow up but could not get there.:3d_frown: John
Smooth as silk John!

I can now do 90 degree turns without it sounding like the Diff is trying to explode!

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
IJ. said:
Smooth as silk John!

I can now do 90 degree turns without it sounding like the Diff is trying to explode!
Awesome ,Glad to hear. You made that washer retrofit look so easy.:icon_bigg So what are you tearing into now?

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
buckshotglass said:
what washers?
Ian has a 9in ford rearend build for a 4x4 and he made so belleville washer for it so it does not Bang a whore. LOL Something like that ,I better let Ian fill you in Dave.:naughty:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
BSG: I built an IRS 9" Diff and used a Detroit Truetrac Gear type centre in it, the unit I chose has a preload pack much like an LSD and on the first drive once it had wiped the assembly lube off it started banging and crashing on turns like something had broken!

I pulled it down to find it had no Oil grooves in the preload pack and it was set to 100 ft/lbs breakaway pressure so in combination it was horrible!

I had some thinner Bellville Springs made to correct this.

John: Just rewiring the 02 sensors after lunch then I can put the interior back together!