new diet ....

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Keros;1073300 said:
D
Dude, do some research on aspartame and how it became legalized... it's about the shadiest thing I've ever heard of. The only thing it IS good for is being a sweetner; everything else, such as passing through the human body, it's not good at.

From a long-term health standpoint, beer is better for you than anything with aspartame in it... you can burn off the calories from beer, but not the poison aspartame. Diet pop is the biggest scam going...

yeah... weird that pregnant women shouldn't drink anything with that in it... :sarcasm:

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
Thought I'd update this thread now down to 87kg (191lbs) loss of now 17kg (37.4lbs). Aim is now to get to around 82kg (180.4lbs).

At the same time I am now a shitload fitter & stronger from all the exercise that has made it happen.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
That is excellent! Keep up the good work!

I started a diet last week, and I did well at work and home all last week, but failed this weekend. I am back on the horse now. We'll see how this works out. I don't know if I can be as successful as I was two year ago when I was in Afghanistan, but we'll see. I think it really is more than 75% mental, and the rest physical for most people.

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
Good luck, its pretty much become routine for me now to exercise after getting home from work. Will change a bit next week when I start night shift but will have more day hours to get outside and fit as well.

Probably had about 5 beers in the last 3 months, not missing them that much to tell the truth.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
I am trying to get from 235 to 185 over the course of this year. I only lost about 12 lbs so far!! i dont have the money YET to join a gym or buy any weights or anything. Paying off rent/bills and shit from when i got laid off really sucks!! Nice job and good luck!!

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Update: Posted 2 months ago that I was 180.
Have since lost another 16 pounds at 164 this summer.

Overall have lost around 60 pounds? over the course of a year.

w00t.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
ERA

Congrats. Are you doing any stregth training at all or just diet for the time being?

When (and if) you start doing strength training, you will gain weight back but not inches. Muscle packs a punch weight wise.

IrishDeath

Apr 28, 2008
Auburn, WA
Im 6'4 used to weigh 310...down to 250...working towards 235ish...these last 15 have been the hardest...i swear to god..switch from normal soda to diet soda was like 10lbs...dropping soda completely was like another 20lbs...I'm mainly a water/beer/wine drinker now...Ill still grab the occasional soda i like the carbonation...

But i went from processed foods to more natural fresh foods and that was a big chunk too...now I just got to get the motivation for exercise...once I do that I know I'll hit that 235...

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
figgie;1121337 said:
ERA

Congrats. Are you doing any stregth training at all or just diet for the time being?

When (and if) you start doing strength training, you will gain weight back but not inches. Muscle packs a punch weight wise.

A little strength training here and there when I get the chance.