new diet ....

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
think I found a new diet for myself to get back in shape ....

think i lost about 15 lbs or so , maybe 20

about a month an a half ago to two months ago, I wieghed about 185 to 190-ish, an tonight the scale read 169.

secret ...
stop eating an shrink my stomach.... drink nattie light on tap a a few snake bites, less carbs for ur intake, an burn the calories ....

Will

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Watching what I eat has helped.
So has getting out of the house also.

Run here and there. Shoot hoops. Recently got a mountain bike too (haven't biked in years! still fun.) Pretty much not not doing anything.

Christmas '07 I was ~220 lbs lol.
As of now 180.

Toight.

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
Congrats.

I started about the same time was 104kg (229lbs) and have so far lost 10kg (22lbs).

I'm about 6 foot so end goal is around 85kg (187lbs) cos I'm not exactly a small build. Haven't had a drink for over a month saving a lot of money because of this too.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I lost a lot of weight a few years ago... 250 to 160 in less than four months. I ran 5+ miles a day (treadmill first, then pavement) and seriously limited calories and basically didn't eat anything other than lean meats and fruit. Didn't drink anything other than water.

150 was my goal weight, I had to quit eating and run 10+ a day to get there, not worth it at all. Anything lower than 170 and I start to look anorexic (not built small either) :biglaugh:

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
9DMK3T;1072194 said:
That's another thing. Been drinking a lot of water lately as oppose to other things.
5'10" trying for 160.

Yes, that's helps as well. I'm the same height and shooting for 165. Played bball/vball 3 times a week and dropped 15 lbs. from 185 in 2 months time. Doesn't help when filipino food is SO good. Hehe...

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
diet?

no stinking diet needed.

The first thing everyone needs that is overweight.

EAT HUMAN PORTIONS NOT THE FUCKING FEED A TIGER PORTIONS that everyone in this country is used to!

Excersice helps but if you eat like complete crap it won't do squat!

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
QFT, Figgie... couldn't agree more. It's the same shit in canada.

As I see the crowds waddle out of McDonald's with their big macs and supersized fries and drink, I'm glad to be on the opposite of that scale.

I'm 6'4 and 135lbs. It's almost impossible for me to lose weight, and extremely difficult to gain weight. My BMI is about 16.4... I'd like to get up to 18 soon.

Trust me, I'm not 135lbs for lack of trying.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
Keros;1072357 said:
QFT, Figgie... couldn't agree more. It's the same shit in canada.

As I see the crowds waddle out of McDonald's with their big macs and supersized fries and drink, I'm glad to be on the opposite of that scale.

I'm 6'4 and 135lbs. It's almost impossible for me to lose weight, and extremely difficult to gain weight. My BMI is about 16.4... I'd like to get up to 18 soon.

Trust me, I'm not 135lbs for lack of trying.

yeah forget mcdonalds. the only thing i go there for is a supersize diet coke (all their drinks are one dollar right now, so i get a big drink to last me a while :) ).

All I drink are diet drinks. Regular sodas are too sweet for me.

If you watch where you eat, there's good (for you) food to be had. subway diet does work, and you can still put toppings and shit on the sandwich (luckily for me i hate mayo; just give me buncha toppings and some mustard).
I lost 30 lbs last summer eating subway for lunch (an dinner half the time). I always got a footlong sandwich, but i had a couple forms of portion control with me (One was a Blue Heeler puppy, the other weighed 1000lbs)

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Eat what you want, Just less of it.

I'm a pescitarian and have been for about 6 months. Before that, I lost 40 pounds just by cutting back as much as I used to.

I don't exercise at all really. Just a lot of walking at work and such.

I'm 6'8" and weigh about 185 poundsish

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Quin;1072528 said:
So Keros, can people see through you or do you moonlight as a pole or something? lol

Did you come up with that all by yourself :biglaugh:

:thefinger

Seriously man, don't even bother... I went to highschool.

flight doc89;1072528 said:
All I drink are diet drinks. Regular sodas are too sweet for me.

Dude, do some research on aspartame and how it became legalized... it's about the shadiest thing I've ever heard of. The only thing it IS good for is being a sweetner; everything else, such as passing through the human body, it's not good at.

From a long-term health standpoint, beer is better for you than anything with aspartame in it... you can burn off the calories from beer, but not the poison aspartame. Diet pop is the biggest scam going...

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
If you want to lose weight and not die early, Follow this rule: If you cant grow it, raise it, or pick it, you dont need it. Some things like whole grain breads, oatmeal, some yogurts, etc are good for you, but you still dont need them. And definatley no diet soda. I quit drinking anything with carbs/fake sweetness, so basically black coffee, plain tea, and water. Now when i drink coke, diet or regular, it makes my stomach hurt and it gives me a headache. Tell me thats not bad for you!! And also the benefit you will feel right away is a massive amount of energy. Im serious. You will feel 10x better the day after you start a diet like the one im on. Before you lose any weight or anything.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Keros;1073300 said:
Did you come up with that all by yourself :biglaugh:

:thefinger

Seriously man, don't even bother... I went to highschool.

<3

Isphius said:
If you want to lose weight and not die early, Follow this rule: If you cant grow it, raise it, or pick it, you dont need it. Some things like whole grain breads, oatmeal, some yogurts, etc are good for you, but you still dont need them. And definatley no diet soda. I quit drinking anything with carbs/fake sweetness, so basically black coffee, plain tea, and water. Now when i drink coke, diet or regular, it makes my stomach hurt and it gives me a headache. Tell me thats not bad for you!! And also the benefit you will feel right away is a massive amount of energy. Im serious. You will feel 10x better the day after you start a diet like the one im on. Before you lose any weight or anything.

Win. Did that when I was running.