New car 4 me

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Proud new owner of a '88 Supra. N/A auto nothing fancy except for a body kit. Just picked this car up 2 weeks ago. I figured $600 couldnt be a bad deal for a car that was all there. A fuel pump and alternator later and it runs. Add a set of tires, some belts and new intake hoses with a tune up and it is road ready. The odometer only reads 85,762 miles on it right now. Doesnt look tampered with but can never really tell these days. Also the timing cover label claims to be a T motor. Havent been able to verify wich engine is actually in there yet.

Pic of my small Toyota fleet. '94 Camry, '88 Supra, '89 Celica

sm_photo_missing.jpg

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Congrats, I'd personally ditch the JZA80 style wing for a stock MA70 wing.

You can tell if it's a turbo engine if there is a turbo by the exhaust side. There would also be a pipe with "3000" written on it above the valve covers. You should post more pictures. :)

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
You would have to know if you've ever opened the hood. I think he meant it says GTE but there isn't a turbo... If so, WTF?!?!?!

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Quin said:
You would have to know if you've ever opened the hood. I think he meant it says GTE but there isn't a turbo... If so, WTF?!?!?!

Not all people are car advanced as you. Everyone has to learn from somewhere. :nono:

Quit bashing the guy, and if your gonna post, at least help him out. If youve got any problems, PM me and stop cluttering up this thread.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Confusion on the lack of writing skills. Sorry all. It is a N/A car, no turbo anywhere on this car. The timing cover reads 7M-GTE. I havent had a chance to find out if this is just a cover/sticker or if I have the actual engine. Wont really make a difference as the hard parts (manifolds, harness, ECU) arent included.

Will get some other pics when I get a chance. Scheduled to rain the next few days and dont know when I will have an early day off. Still have to squeeze time and get a sub enclosure built for the rear of this car.

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
s383mmber1 said:
Not all people are car advanced as you. Everyone has to learn from somewhere. :nono:

I still ask dumb questions but most of the time people are nice enough to point me in the right direction.