Need insight on what kind of electronics to buy to monitor 1JZ!

808steeze

Jan 26, 2012
Hawaii
Need insight on what kind of electronics to buy to monitor 1JZ!

I have almost rapped up my bid and I wanted to know what products people are running to control their 1J.

I just have ported wastegates, custom y-pipe and downpipe, cat delete exhaust 3", driftmotion intercooler kit for stock twins 2.5 piping.

I was thinking of buying an EBC, Boost Gauge, and what will I need to monitor afrs.

Is there something I can buy that incorporates all of these.(looking to run manual boost gauge not electric.

Your preference and insight much appreciated!

Thanks.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
808steeze;1860203 said:
I was thinking of buying an EBC, Boost Gauge, and what will I need to monitor afrs.

Is there something I can buy that incorporates all of these.(looking to run manual boost gauge not electric.

Your preference and insight much appreciated!

Thanks.
Uhhh... come again? Wait a minute... do you mean a mechanical boost gauge?

You might look into an AEM serial gauge, but you'll need an AEM ecu to use it.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
this innovate LC-1 and ssi-4
http://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Moto...&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=innovate+wideband+ssi4
which is stupid cheap and works well. the ssi-4 lets you monitor 4 channels and you can datalog with the software. so I have it monitoring AFR, Throttle and RPM. then you can even do 3D graphs of it too.
I have that paired with an apexi SAFC-II. so about 400 bucks to be able to play with your AFR a bit. best deal if you're on a budget, i

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Wideband, oil pressure, oil temp, engine temp and boost. Those are what I would get.

You could get an AEM ECU and then get the serial gauge to display all what you need.