DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
They look to be completely non-adjustable, and progressively wound... not really worth looking into IMO. Even if they are Ohlins.

Mr. Sinister

Aug 30, 2005
Chicago
mkIIIman089 said:
They look to be completely non-adjustable, and progressively wound... not really worth looking into IMO. Even if they are Ohlins.

Adjustability is over-rated and the springs can be swapped. I think his best bet would be to slap them on the car and see how it handles.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
High quality damper with random springs that you just threw on there does not sound like it will handle well.

It seems that these were custom since they have progressive springs which are usually for street cars. Only recently have I seen race cars working with progressive springs. I'm not sure what the exact advantage of using progressive springs on the track is but the people doing this have an unlimited supply of springs and the knowledge to make them work.

If you picked them up cheap than run them. Since they are non adjustable and progressive don't expect too much despite the name.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
I have a set of Ohlins exactly like those but the springs are not progressive. They work excellent. Very heavily damped compared to stock but not teeth shattering.