need help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piotrek

May 8, 2009
murfreesboro tn
i need help. this is third post regarding same problem. recent jdm 7mgte swap. i only used block, head, fuel rail from jdm. i checked compression it was 155 on all six cylinders on cold engine!. got 90 psi on first crank. i have ignition timing issues. at correct camshaft positon sensor i cannot get 10 adv. tried to sensors (jdm and us) same result. all marks on camshaft gears and crankshaft pulley line up. i am out of ideas. no signs of bhg. ????????????
i had the car running good at 15 deg adv but every time i touch cps it goes to carp. what the f***. i have done enough work to this car along with my brother who is Ase certified. i am about to give up on this forum!!!

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
The CPS clip is prone to going bad. A great fix that ends up on the forum alot is "just wiggle the clip and the car will run right". hahah. Setting the CPS is a pain though. Theres a great diagram of the correct setting the CPS correctly floating around this forum.

Check codes.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
And make sure to start counting cylinders from the timing belt to the rear and not from the back to the front. I came across a strange configuration some time ago with someone who had the wires wrong AND the timing 180 degrees off. I wondered why it even started in the first place...

You made sure that the intake cam you can see by looking in to the oil refill hole is upwards when putting the timing belt on, right?

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
so if someone else had this problem and you didnt know the anwer(which you obviously dont) it would then be your fault there car doesnt run even though it could be on the other side of the freaking country interesting. gl. i along with several others wont even attempt to help yu until you the attitaude is gone cause frankly its not worth it

piotrek

May 8, 2009
murfreesboro tn
tbcmorris;1334322 said:
so if someone else had this problem and you didnt know the anwer(which you obviously dont) it would then be your fault there car doesnt run even though it could be on the other side of the freaking country interesting. gl. i along with several others wont even attempt to help yu until you the attitaude is gone cause frankly its not worth it

attitude?? like i said it was third post. every time i explained the problem in detail and no attitude. i have tried every suggestion with no luck. this forum seems to have some advanced members so i don't understand why somebody cannot figure it out.

piotrek

May 8, 2009
murfreesboro tn
s383mmber1;1333775 said:
Don't give up on the forum.....

Are you sure you dont have the cps 180 degrees out ?

i am positive cps is not 180 out. i looked up diagrams on this forum and it seems to be correct. with 180 out i could get all the adjustment i need but the car would run like crap.

piotrek

May 8, 2009
murfreesboro tn
Fletch124;1333783 said:
The CPS clip is prone to going bad. A great fix that ends up on the forum alot is "just wiggle the clip and the car will run right". hahah. Setting the CPS is a pain though. Theres a great diagram of the correct setting the CPS correctly floating around this forum.

Check codes.

i think cps is good. pick up coils checked good and gaps are in spec. CPS is in correct position at TDC.

piotrek

May 8, 2009
murfreesboro tn
IJ.;1336442 said:
Here's a bit of a clue, if you give up on this forum the only person that cares will be you.

You're the one with an issue you can't solve.

and here is a bit of clue for you. this a big forum with a lot of supra mk3 owners who know what they are talking about. so when i ask a legit question three times and get very little response it makes me think is it really that good. and if i can do the swap myself than it means i really dont know a lot.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
piotrek;1336466 said:
well you don't know the answer neither so why do you even bother to reply???

If its going "Carp" every time you touch the CPS, its obvious that theres something wrong with the wiring. Check the wiring, check for brittle wires, and the connectors to and from the CPS. /

I dont like Carp BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.