NEED HELP QUICK GUYS... turbo size question

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
I have all the mods and then some even MAFTand im getting a big turbo, I NEED to know the largest hot side I can run. Would 1.15 A/R Turbine side be too big? Also I read your not suppose to have a larger hot side then cold side but alot of ppl r selling them is this a myth? Would this be too big? .60 A/R Compressor side 1.15 A/R Turbine side? I dont care if there is a little lag as long as the engine will push it ok NEED QUICK RESPONCE THX!! - Eric

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
Why would you want to make a rush decision on this? I think I would take the time to find out all the info, it not like you are choosing what color shift knob to buy.....

I fully realize this isn't helpful to you, sorry, just trying to throw in a little perspective

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
I want to run around 600 hp at the motor, I had ordered one but they sent the wrong one, so I have to quick order from somone elce I gotta get the car back togeher. The company sent me a T3, the dont know what there talkin about

How about 60 cold side and 1.00 hot side?

I wanted somethin like 63 cold side with 85 hot but cant find one will the 60-1.00 work ok?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
will it work? yes
will it lag? w/ a 1.15 or 1.00 its not going to wake up until later in the power band and if you are on the stock redline then there might only be a few hundred rpms to work with. if its a t3/t4 footprint you should be able to get a smaller exhaust housing from somewhere

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
her is some refrence for yah, I had a "t70" it was an 89 a/r hot side and a 70 a/r compressor with a 61mm wheel, I would start hitting boost at 3800 and hit 9.5psi at around 5,000 soo, yes it was laggy but if you can rais your redline and doing all drag go for it, not sure what is cabable of 600hp and the 1.15 a/r exhasut you would prolly start hitting boost at 4,000 and the amount of boost you will prolly be running will take you half way through second to kick in, I would say look at somthing like the xspower t70 the one I have sitting on my shelf becasue I asume those are the ones you looking at their "60-1" with the 1.15 ehxhaust, I swithechd to a 70a/r ehxaust and a 50 a/r compressor and love it, and will hold a good abount of power but what do you plan on doing with the car and how streetable do you want it?

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
boostfreak, THANK YOU!! thats exactly what I wanted was a reference!! One thing... 9.5 PSI?? the CT 26 with BC gets 18 PSI easy I dont understand?? that thing should be hamering out massive boost??

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
yeah but I don't have the fuel for it yet lol, still all stock the car when i bought it had no turbo, the aftermakret one on their whent bad so I needed a new one but don't worry, she will be seeing alot of boost as soon as I get my MAFT pro