Need help deciding!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
NeedsAPorsche;1036911 said:
honestly...i agree with just purchasing a transmission from the good'ol junkyard...i bought my motor, tranny, and other parts from a car that had been sitting for over a year down in Schertz, TX...but that same motor's been treating me good for the past two years on some TLC, and the transmission's great, it's just the clutch haha...can't afford a multiplate yet

Well I just picked it up for $108.25 out the door and just cleaned it up, and there is no more oil on that thing hardly now. There wasn't much to begin with, but just wanted to get it cleaned up for an easier install. It is only missing the ABS thing on the side of it, which I'll just swap over from mine. I just hope everything is good with it, I'm going to a supra meet this weekend so I'm hoping it's in good shape.

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
I was pulling everything for a 5-speed swap. the hardest part for me was getting to the two top bolt on the back of the motor right under the head. the best way to do it for me was to jack up the tail of the trans and get them from the top. all in all i took me probably 1.5hrs to get just the trans out of the car.

NeedsAPorsche

Muscle Milk
May 23, 2008
Austin, TX
www.myspace.com
yeah, i was really fortunate to find the transmission in the condition i did as far as internals go, i just swapped my short shifter, linkage, and bushings from my old tranny with the non-turbo motor, :biglaugh: