Na engine bay shots!

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
queenskid926;1016796 said:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

heat wrapped pacesetter headers
sm_photo_missing.jpg
How much header wrap did you end up using?

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
You'll need at least two big rolls to go from flange to flange, AJ. I think you'd be better getting them ceramic coated, though. Iirc, the Pacesetter header is mild steel, and tends to rust out under the header wrap. You can get a silver coating, that's shiny, or the gray coating that's on my upper intake tube.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
cuel;1017862 said:
You'll need at least two big rolls to go from flange to flange, AJ. I think you'd be better getting them ceramic coated, though. Iirc, the Pacesetter header is mild steel, and tends to rust out under the header wrap. You can get a silver coating, that's shiny, or the gray coating that's on my upper intake tube.
Thanks Cuel. I had heard that it could cause them to rust out, I'm not really worried about that as I don't put too many miles on, and I'm waiting for somebody to come up with a better design before I spend $ to get them ceramic coated. I need to keep the heat away from the intake as it's just a aluminum tube. I know they make a heat shield product that can be fabbed to keep the heat away, might be easier and cheaper that wrapping them. The Doug Thorley looks pretty good but I can't seem to find them for a 7M.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I had the same issue, but couldn't remove the header and be without the car for a couple days. Wound up coating the intake instead ;)

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I really need to either find a place and some time to polish my engine components or pick up a spare set of... oh, everything to polish and then swap in.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
CRE;1025048 said:
I really need to either find a place and some time to polish my engine components or pick up a spare set of... oh, everything to polish and then swap in.
Yeah, same with me, they sure look nice polished, just wonder how long before they start looking bad again. I had mine somewhat polished and the started to loose luster. Put clear on them, that started to turn yellow, that's why mine is black now.

Jkm3141

Jul 18, 2007
Rochester, NY
6swappedin7mgeyn0.jpg

My painted intake and polished valve covers are nothing next to that polished intake. Damn, that's beautiful prism1. How much work was it?

EDIT: Your missing a strut tower bolt prism1.

Last edited:

castrol supra

Semper Fidelis
May 8, 2008
The Back 9.
Jkm3141;1025945 said:
6swappedin7mgeyn0.jpg

My painted intake and polished valve covers are nothing next to that polished intake. Damn, that's beautiful prism1. How much work was it?

EDIT: Your missing a strut tower bolt prism1.

:aigo:WOW:aigo:
I know how bad that is because I know how many hours I spent porting and polishing my intake with a dremel.

Has anyone ever thought of running the vafm into the compartment underneath the passenger lamp?

If you could put it down there with the filter attached. I haven't measured just brain storming while I search for gems of wisdom.
But if you extended it. It, being the pipe. Would it throw off the vaf?

edit. I think it would fit if you upgraded from the stock air filter to a cone. And. It would be completely seperate from the engine bay. All you would need is a scoop of cold air to its' face.

prism1

prizmosis jones
May 24, 2006
fresno
The manifold took me about 2 weeks to get it to its condition. the valve covers took about 4 days. It sucks.lol The pic does not do it justice. It looks nice as hell in person. I want to drive with the hood off!:evil2:

Dustin

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I wouldn't recommend that anyone run their VAF oriented like that.... nor would I want it sitting right over the exhaust manifold. Not saying you can't... but i don't recommend it. :3d_frown:

The polishing job on the other hand is excellent! :icon_bigg