My windows wobble!

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I didn't actually do it. I was just saying that one of these days I was going to take my door panels off and look around for any loose bolts or whatever.

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Well...I have actually taken the door panel off mine and have actually seen in there. I cleaned everything with brake cleaner spray and a 1" paint brush, then let it dry for 30 min.

I then used some synthetic brake caliper grease to lube things. (After having repaired and adjusted and lubed over 50 windows (@ 2 hrs labor charge), I have found syn. grease to be the best. It will stay plyable, even at 1,000,000* below freezing.:biglaugh: Get it at any parts store in a toothpaste type tube.

Yes, there are some adjustments you can make inside the door frame. You'll have to plug the power back up to the switch to roll the glass up and down as you inspect and move some of the adjustments to get the best fit.

Tighten the nuts good when you are done.

It is something you'll just have to see when you get in there. Not too hard, just a bit of a puzzle at first.:aigo:

toml

Jul 24, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm gonna go try that out... :)

ps. I know this is a US forum, but this thread was started by an Australian so Ian and group a supra can use whatever measurements they wish! :D *stirs some trouble*

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
toml said:
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm gonna go try that out... :)

ps. I know this is a US forum, but this thread was started by an Australian so Ian and group a supra can use whatever measurements they wish! :D *stirs some trouble*
Well it's ironic that it was the US that pushed the metric system way back then decided to stick with Imperial! (But not even English Imperial they made up US measurements just to confuse things further) ;)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
LOL Wing I believe driving on the left stems from the olden days where people would pass each other on horseback and hold their right hand up to show they weren't holding a weapon!

Brent: And all of Australia has a problem with you and your contents ;) <jk>

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Aside from the fabric covered guides which are mounted to the door frame there are a couple adjustments you can make on the window itself. The window stops and another bracket toward the front corner of the window control the forward and backward angle of the window.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
i looked inside the door and all i could see was the fabric covered mounts but couldn't figure out how to adjust them. by the way when my windows are half way down they wobble like 1-1.5in. at least.