My type R wont Blow OFF !!!

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
I had the type r on the stock twins setup on 15psi and it blew off perfect.. like the boost the twins were pushing was nothing for it.. Then i took it off and went single over the time of a month or month and a half... and i put it back on, and it doesnt blow anything off... Just the " Juh Juh Juh Juh" surging sound.. What could be wrong here...

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
I'd check the vacuum line going to the bov first, make sure there are no cuts or holes in it and that its hooked up properly.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Standard or stiff spring? For stiff spring you need to be boosting 18+ psi for it to open. if you have the standard spring you can adjust it to the softest setting. Also make sure you a have a good vacuum source not teed off from anything.

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Tee Vacuum line to the valve is fine as im running a knock off at the moment.. The spring should be the standard spring.. It worked with my twins on 15psi beautifully.. AND the spring setting is loosened all the way to the top...:1zhelp:

carguy34

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Denver, CO
BOV's are simple devices. Double check that both of your pressure sources are good and not ported or on one way valves. When I was running that valve it would open when you just rev the motor with the clutch in....

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
carguy34;1211368 said:
BOV's are simple devices. Double check that both of your pressure sources are good and not ported or on one way valves. When I was running that valve it would open when you just rev the motor with the clutch in....

Do you kno how to expose the spring in this valve ? I cant figure out how to open it up...

Dejvid1785

Boostaholic
Jan 27, 2008
Cumming, GA
I had the same problem with mine, turns out mine had the stiff spring and i wasn't pushing enough boost. Also that BOV has two vacuum inlets. Supposedly if you want the BOV to work normally only use the bottom and plug the other off but if you want it to regulate how much it needs to open up then hook both of them up. After i put only one vacuum source to it and i put the standard spring in the BOV worked fine. They sound bad ass i love that BOV, everybody nuts when they hear it because now a days everyone and their mom is running a HKS SSQ.

Dejvid1785

Boostaholic
Jan 27, 2008
Cumming, GA
I don't know about that fix. It looks kind of ghetto. There is a lot of pressure moving thru there you don't want that to fail again and then you start surging like a mofo. I guess it depends on how much you care about your turbo(s). I'd spend the money and fix it the right way.

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Dejvid1785;1212486 said:
I don't know about that fix. It looks kind of ghetto. There is a lot of pressure moving thru there you don't want that to fail again and then you start surging like a mofo. I guess it depends on how much you care about your turbo(s). I'd spend the money and fix it the right way.

Lol yea very true, I guess i thought about it because that $90 is taking Money from tuning my emanage XO !!!