My new scrolls for the Turbos I will be putting in my Supra…

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
Just kidding… But I love seeing some of these monsters when we get them. They are as cast scrolls for Turbos that go on diesel ship engines in high speed fairies and such…

bigturbos.JPG

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
I’m a quality control expert, they send them to me for ultrasound to insure integrity. They push a lot more boost than your average supra threw one of thaws babies… In fact if I’m not mistaken, the smallest one in the pick, which is used essentially to spin up the bigger ones, pushes about 150psi by it’s self…

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
GrandLordKhorne said:
Just kidding… But I love seeing some of these monsters when we get them. They are as cast scrolls for Turbos that go on diesel ship engines in high speed fairies and such…

bigturbos.JPG
*ferries*

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
Acutely very little lag, but the motor they go in is so large I can stand in the cylinder at BDC quite comfortably, the piston it’s self is about 3’ diameter.

The BOV, is not really what you and I would normally call a BOV. It has a press relief to prevent explosion of the intake manifold, that relief is hydraulically opened when decelerating. The motor it’s self is almost always running at a constant speed. There is also no real WG, it’s just plumed with a small tube that bypasses the larger turbo and flow is balanced for a normal operating condition.

The setup it’s self is 1 turbo per cylinder and the motors can be built for 1 cylinder to I think as big as 12 (we don’t always get all the scrolls at once, this set I think is going on a 3 cylinder). The smaller turbo is hydraulically gated and is only used on start up, once the motor is fired and turning the smaller turbo is closed off and the larger one force feeds the motor. The 4th turbo in the pic, the medium size one, is actually for a V12 diesel generator with pistons about 8” in diameter…

Yes I’m sorry that my spelling sucks… And spell check dose nothing for homonyms…

On another note though, if you strapped them to Cosmo/Wanda and they could use them to turbo there magic, that could be some kick ass magic.

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
The smallest one is about 150lbs... The big ones in the pic are in the high hundreds and the largest I have seen was over 3K...

I'm quite sure that even the small one once fully assembled would be close to what your motor weight is.