My new mod 280zx hood duct

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
I have an extra hood and a set of these vents w/ drip trays from a Z34 Lumina.....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I was thinking of experimenting.:naughty:

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
bryanintexas said:
I have an extra hood and a set of these vents w/ drip trays from a Z34 Lumina.....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I was thinking of experimenting.:naughty:
are those vents identical on each side? If they are, that would look awesome!

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
I have just gone for lifting my hood at the back, a few washers behind each bolt and remove the rubber seal from the back of the hood there is now a 1/2" gap for the hot air to escape plus the low pressure of the airflow over the back of the hood pull lots of heat out at speed. Stock look with hot air venting:icon_bigg

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Down but not out said:
I have just gone for lifting my hood at the back, a few washers behind each bolt and remove the rubber seal from the back of the hood there is now a 1/2" gap for the hot air to escape plus the low pressure of the airflow over the back of the hood pull lots of heat out at speed. Stock look with hot air venting:icon_bigg

You're going to love the smell of your heater/air from here on out ;).

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
oscar35783 said:
are those vents identical on each side? If they are, that would look awesome!

Yes, they are identical on both sides. Dean's car was where I had 1st seen this done (z34 vent). I believe he only has one side done, I want to do both.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
oscar, it looks nice. very functional, just gotta paint it. bryan's looks sweet. paint it up and take some pictures! here's my hood

it's a little dark, bad lighting in the garage
p711250_1.jpg

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
s0ulstar said:
oscar, it looks nice. very functional, just gotta paint it. bryan's looks sweet. paint it up and take some pictures! here's my hood

it's a little dark, bad lighting in the garage
p711364_1.jpg
Looks very nice! Any problem with water going into the spark plug gallery?

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
oscar35783 said:
Looks very nice! Any problem with water going into the spark plug gallery?

havent drove it yet. still need a few things done to get it running. there probably will be, just not going to drive it in the rain. i still have the stock hood, so it's a quick replacement if need be.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
bobiseverywhere said:
check this

http://www.supraquebec.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2723&highlight=hood+vent

I think the finished product is futher into the thread i have seen it in person and it looks amazing :)

That vent with the Z34's as well would be pretty much perfect, IMHO. I think that's what Shine Street should have been going fo rather than what they started looking on their hood for the MK3.

I think making the vent a bit longer would be better as well. Not too much but just a tad.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Down but not out said:

it's a high pressure zone at the base of the windsheild, so it's the exact opposite effect that you're trying to acheive...

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i ahve all was liek the 88 300zx scoop though about puttignj it on my 92 don't knwo fi choudl amrket up my nice good hood