My Ghetto Custom IC block off plate AND airbox for Only $43

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
IJ. said:
Just asking as our cars generate some insane underhood temps ;)

i actually dont know. i didnt do any research on it. i was going to spray it with some sort or temp coating. but i havent got around to it yet.

I hope it dont melt on me :evil2:

On the other hand today is SUPER HOTaround here and temp feels like 100+(actual weather say 93) its just super humid and so i decided to take it for a test drive to see if the deference is notisable. my water temp was reading 195, on normal day the temp it reads 180. egt read 1200. and after driving 30 minutes of on and off trottle the car still feels great

it pulls super hard compare to the way it pulled on hot days without the box. almost pull as hard when the weather is cold. definately happy :biglaugh:

I just have to wrap it with one of thos heat resistant wrap things and ill be set.

shepfly

Jul 23, 2007
Ohio
May I suggest that you seal your openings as is done for engine baffling on aircraft cowlings. Lets use a round hole with a with a tube passing thru it at an angle as an example. You would make the seal out of neophrene ( inner tube or sheet stock, or silicon baffle stock available at an airport maintaince shop based on temp. of you appl.) The material is cut and pop riveted in place so that it assumes a funnel shape, it would be inside your box, and the more pressure applied the tighter it seals around the tube. Irregular shapes are sealed by cutting slits in seal so that it overlaps and is sealed by pressure. If I confused you go to a light plane shop an ask to see some engine baffling so that you understand. Dave

supraman74

I bought it SUPPED up
Apr 26, 2007
Iowa
I think it looks great but I moved my air filter out of the engine bay, I figured It would get a better breath of fresh air:icon_bigg

C

cnewingham

pretty impressive there. I miss that car but glad to see you are adding more stuff to it.

As for the hood pins and a CF hood goes you would be crazy to trust just the stock latch as many of fiberglass and cf hoods have flown up before with out pins.

have you picked on any more goats lately?

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Not bad at all. I planned on doing the same thing out of heavier plastic, and cutting it with a dremmel. I aslo planned on making it much neater, and if and when I do it I will show how you could have done it without using screws to hold it together. Nice job none the less.
Whats good IJ.

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Not bad at all. I planned on doing the same thing out of heavier plastic, and cutting it with a dremmel. I aslo planned on making it much neater, and if and when I do it I will show how you could have done it without using screws to hold it together. Nice job none the less.
Whats good IJ.

yeah as i said before its temporary. but i am curious on how you will make one with out screws. if you dont mind me asking.

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
cnewingham said:
pretty impressive there. I miss that car but glad to see you are adding more stuff to it.

As for the hood pins and a CF hood goes you would be crazy to trust just the stock latch as many of fiberglass and cf hoods have flown up before with out pins.

have you picked on any more goats lately?

really? I was not aware of that. thanks i thought the hood latch would be preaty strong.

and yup a bit. but nothing to high power goat to brag about.

and check your pm i have a quick question.

thanks