My FiveSpeed Swapperoo Quest-ions

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
cool thanks.
is there a relay involved in the clutch pedal switch? i gotta look at the plug, if its a 2 pin, ill check continuity and it'll be cake. if its 4 pin...ugh.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
so how do i get the O/D light to stop blinking?

and does anyone know what that blue cylinder thing is(question 6)? how come theres never any mention of it?

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
another boop.
my questions are:

-whats the deal with this blue cylinder thing?

-how do i get the O/D light to stop blinking?

-now that i wont have abs cus this tranny is from a non-abs, how do i get the abs light to turn off? there a fuse a can pull?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Good, because I have a question I have yet to get answered, and you will need this too eventually...

How do you wire the 5sp tranny to the auto wiring harness? There are two plugs... One for the reverse lights, and one for the speed sensor...

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
well for the speed sensor, it's the same, just hooked it up to the tranny. only thing is that the speed is way off :dunno:
for using the harness what i did was cut the harness off the automatic, plug it in and the thick black and white wires wired together will bypass the clutch pedal engage thing. i tried to wire it to the switch on the clutch pedal but i think its gotta be relayed, so its just bypassed for now.
theres two other wires (blue/black) on there that you splice to the reverse light plug on the tranny, that was easy. and the trans i put in dont have abs so i got fucked there. now i'm trying to figure out how to get the abs light to turn off...along with my other questions..that are being avoided by the SM community...hmmm

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
The abs light and the O/D light will continue to blink becuase they are getting the feedback they should be getting the only thing i can think of is to cut the wire that runs to the buld or pull the bulds to stop them from blinkin. The only the thing that is you need to wire up are the neautral safety switch and the reverse lights this is not my write up but its the one i used along with the pic someone else provided..........

""I don't have a schematic book, so connections will be based from plugs and wire colors in my '87. And for ease of install... I cut the harness from the auto tranny (basically wanted to use the plugs).

In the attached pic, from left to right, you have the following:

1. 3 wire round plug, wht/blk spliced together enable the bypassing of the clutch (ie. pedal pushed in isn't required to start the car) and the blue is 1 of 2 wires needed for the reverse lights

2. 6 wire round plug, this plug actually tells the ECU which gear the car is in. If you searched for "auto cookie" you'll find some more info on what lead to the connections. Anyways, the only wire needed from this plug is the blk one (this is 2 of 2 for reverse wiring)

3. 6 wire square plug. not used for 5 spd. IIRC, it was linked to the 3 solenoids on the DS of the Auto tranny

4. 4 wire square plug, its a direct plug'n'play for car's with an ABS system.""

vbpgimage.php

Last edited: