My clutch quite on me

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
I was about to take off from work when I went to put it in gear and the peddle went straight to the floor. I left it in the parking lot overnight and got a ride home. I took the inspection cover off and the fork was hitting the pressure plate which I thought was bad. So I pushed it into the shop and pulled the tranny. The little collar that fits through the throwout bearing has a little lip on it that had a clip that held it all together. That little lip broke off. My question is what could cause it to just break like that? Sorry about the long post. The good news is its only 230 to fix it. Thats a new: clutch, pressure plate, throughout bearing, input bearing, all the little washers and the collar that broke.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Same thing happened to me tonight.
I could feel the clutch slipping when I'd get on it on my way home last night.
Got in the car tonight to pull it out of the garage and my foot went almost to the floor...:icon_conf

230 to fix? where'd you get that deal?

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
All my parts are from the dealer beleive it or not. I couldnt beleive the price eat first either so i mad e the duoble check it was for my car. The only thing is I wont have them till friday. I work at a ford dealer so i put it on an empty rack and pulled the tranny on my lunch.