MPG?

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
What kinds of MPG's are you guys seeing. My super monitor hasnt fully reset yet and after 80 or so miles its at 13.1mpg. The car is all stock, cats gutted and thats it. I was curious to see what these cars get normally. Will I see over 20?

Thanks!

T0DA

May 19, 2007
Hendersonville NC
I got to thinking about this earlier today actually, almost made me hesitate trying to find a turbo MKIII over an NA one... But it seems to not be too bad at all as far as mpg goes.

rwd4life89

MX73 owner
May 14, 2007
Idaho
Mine gets 18 city(hittin boost qiute a bit) and 25 highway. I have straight 3 inch, no cats and an Apexi air filter kit.

johnny_boy83

Aug 20, 2006
Louisiana
I usually get about 19ish with a 50/50 mix of city highway and my own heavy footed escapades. Thats with a lex afm, 550's (that's in question right now though), and full 3 inch exhaust with no cats.

T0DA

May 19, 2007
Hendersonville NC
Kind off topic... Just wondering since this is a gas mileage related thread.
How big (capacity wise) are an MKIII's gas tanks? Do they vary from different model/trim of the car or is it all the same?

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Z'mnypit said:
High 20's low 30's would be awesome. Now if this damn super monitor would hurry up and count that far up.. lol!

Press and hold set on the Super Monitor.. that resets it... And that thing is not accurate, mine says I get 30MPG when I run Open Downpipe on the highway for two hours. And it says I get 23.7 MPG City. Doesn't seem likely to me. Also, I get about 350 Miles out of my tank which would mean I only get 18.9 Miles per Gallon Highway.

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
1988SupraDreams said:
Press and hold set on the Super Monitor.. that resets it... And that thing is not accurate, mine says I get 30MPG when I run Open Downpipe on the highway for two hours. And it says I get 23.7 MPG City. Doesn't seem likely to me. Also, I get about 350 Miles out of my tank which would mean I only get 18.9 Miles per Gallon Highway.
Sorry i shouldve reworded the post. Its been reset. It just takes forever to get back to average. Its kinda depressing when it says 13mpg when you look down at it.

So far looks like mid-low 20's modded and upper 20's stock.

Thanks for the info!

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
Z'mnypit said:
You have mods?

BTW- nice avatar....

pretty much just an intake and downpipe. but im now running the maft pro so i havent been able to afford a full tank of gas lately so i dunno now :( i need my check lol

Sportriderseattle

Nov 5, 2006
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
The highest I've seen mine was just shy of 23 mpg...this was last week when I had to do alot of freeway driving. And this is according to my super monitor, which appears to be pretty accurate. I've calculated the old fashion way and they are consistent. I don't believe anyone would get 30 mpg for this car. I am a professional driver and know how to drive to get every mpg out of a car. 23 mpg is about all you're gonna squeeze out of a Supra, unless you're traveling on straight, flat-ass freeways for a hundred miles without stopping on a daily bases.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
When my Supra was bone stock, driving back from SILV (4 hour drive) it got around 26MPG...

Now that it's modified, the MPG has dropped significantly... :naughty: Since I have added the FCON, I can watch my gas gauge go down just cruising at 80 on the freeway...but that could also be due to my funky o2 sensor, it throws a code every once in a while, but it has been replaced twice...:dunno:

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
The car got 23 mpg on the freeway going 80 mph today. I can get from 23- 28 on the open road. Always a bit better at a lower speed.

Near stock '91 supra turbo, auto and full 3 inch exhaust.

cwd