Moving to Alaska....and 4x4 + Supra pics:)

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
So, yeah, I'm moving to Alaska. Figured it was an easy way to claim highest hp Supra in a certain state....that and now that I'm finally done with school, I will have my own practice.

I'm leaving Bend on the 20th, tenatively, and will be staying one last night at Keith Hart's in Portland, before leaving on the long journey (2500miles) through Canada to Alaska.

Just wanted to see if anyone may be on the way (mainly hwy97) that I'll be passing along and wanted to meet up/eat or whatever on my way. I'll probably have a decent itenerary in the next week or so. Also, anyone have a good explanation of the road to AK thru Canada??

I'll be leaving the Supra behind and coming back to get it in the spring/summer. Just taking my truck and what I can fit inside for the move. I traded off my all my side projects and got a good deal on a new truck for the move:)

Specs:
99 F250
5.4 triton (had a diesel, didn't want one in the cold)
5" tough country lift
35's on 16.5 wheels
flowmaster :)
Sub box/storage that I made and had linexed
MTX 4 channel and a clarion mono amp

And a sweet spare tire rack to fit 2 35's and still be able to pull a trailer that I fabbed up with my father when I was visiting over the holidays back in MN.

Thanks to everyone I have met in OR/WA, you'll all be missed.

Few pics of my babies together before they the Supra gets put away until Spring.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p479775_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
I lived in Anchorage for 4 1/2 years. Drove the alkan twice. Washington (state) to Anchorage is further than New York to San Fransisco. Anchorage is awesome!

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
suprastanger507mgte said:
what kinda work you do that forces you to move to Alaska? Geological? OIl fileds? Green Peace?
Maybe he wants to be a snowman????
Good luck with your move Kevin. Lol, you'll have the highest HP Supra in the state, if not the only one in the state.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I'm a chiropractor (after 8 years worth of straight school) and will have my own practice near Big Lake, just outside of Wasilla. I chose to do this since it's the best paying area right out of college. Not sure how long I'll stay there.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
doesnt it get dark there for like months at a time?

I would hate to have the supra then

but then I would love it in the months that its solid day!

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
GotTurbos? said:
doesnt it get dark there for like months at a time?

I would hate to have the supra then

but then I would love it in the months that its solid day!

Only in Barrow and the northern areas. Anchorage and where I'll be get down to about 6-7 hours of daylight. Not as cold as everyone would think either due to being close to the ocean/currents...this is what I've been told and seen, I guess I'll know more later.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Wow, little to no daylight!! I never knew there were places like that. That really interests me... I always favored the night, and I love to work on my cars under shop lights... any idea about how much population there is up in those places? I bet there isn't much... Have a fun trip up there though. I am sure its really scenic. Its just another place that I would love to visit.

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
What the hell Kevin... when you said moving i thought maybe back up to northern Oregon or something. You gonna come back down for supra meet ever?

Oh and there is 1 person i know of that has a mk3 up there...

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Ouch, yeah, they're not Mustang wheels...

PIAA FR-S Only 3 sets that I know of in this staggered width (mold no longer exists)

Me
My brother
Keith Hart

Obviously they're out there somewhere, but we're sorta obsessed with them:)

Populations
Anchorage 300,000+ and growing
Wasilla/Mat-Su valley, should be 100,000 - 150k

If there's a Supra meet at the end of April, I'd be here for that... Not sure about the future though.