MKIII vs a bunch of different cars comparison

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
Well they couldve picked the AWD eclipse/laser and that wouldve been a lot better bang for the buck.

totally overlooked to not see, I seen they had the rs turbo and didnt notice the GSX

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
it's in the test...

but most of the cars that SHOULD have performed had GARBAGE tires on them completely throwing all the tests results out of the window IMHO...

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
csnow said:
The 20th Anniversary TTA is the best car on the list hands down! I would love to find one of those in good shape. Nice looking car with the Grand National drivetrain :drool:

An instructor of mine has one, it goes 11.65 and he didn't want to put a cage in it to go faster and ruin the mint interior so his new project is a GTA while the Pace Car keeps it's mileage down.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
it wasn't stock ;)

full HKS everything...

still love that article though, as it didn't win, but it still opened their eyes...

I remember car craft making fun of ricers with a disclaimer that it wasn't aimed at all the import cars, as they had had their asses handed to them by enouhg modified Supras and RX-7's to know they're more than capable

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
he was on 17" and setup for what a supra does best, HANDLE

syclone was inexcusable... you stand on the brake, hit the gas, brake boost the fuck out of it and it will launch like a rocket out of the hole...

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
thats such a cool old article, but the most upsetting thing for me besides the slow supra numbers, is that fact that a ford probe beat the supra in a couple categories...i hate probes

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
nope, look at a WRX

that much power, and it has the gearing to do it. They LOVE quarter miles and I've seen em fly, I'm thinking the replacement torque converter is to blame...

Supra's excuse is easy, they smoked the tires. Smoking street tires = shit traction.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
first gens are when pushed really hard...

weight is in the back, so it naturally wants to come around and go ass first into the nearest dutch, pole, ect... (just like porsches)

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Poodles said:
first gens are when pushed really hard...

weight is in the back, so it naturally wants to come around and go ass first into the nearest dutch, pole, ect... (just like porsches)

really easy to oversteer in those cars, like poodles said. the weight is in the back so you'll get into oversteer and the steering will just snap hard left or right.

Edit - or thats atleast what i found out when i drove my friends' AW11