MKIII vs a bunch of different cars comparison

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
it's not a very good test considering the tires on al the cars wheren't the same...

the celica should have done MUCH better, but it had shit tires on it...

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Typical MotorTrend inconsistancies.. Don't worry Car@Driver tested an 89 supra turbo(which is the same year as this test) and got a 14.7@95mph. Not to mention Road@Track getting a 15.2 out of there 89supra test car.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
chris717 said:
wow 16.05 kinda slow!!!
i could do that with my n.a maybe better/..
what the hell happened

yeah something is up. out of all the test articles done on supra turbos ive never seen one that slow.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I know I saw this article, and probably still have it in my magazine collection of old. The sad part of my collection is, I probably bought that magazine as a Mustang lover. I had 4 60's model Stangs growing up.

What seems odd tho, is how the article was set up for the Mustang to win. I guess if they had used the price of the Mustang GT, something else would have been the best bang for the buck.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
The 20th Anniversary TTA is the best car on the list hands down! I would love to find one of those in good shape. Nice looking car with the Grand National drivetrain :drool:

Last edited:

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
csnow said:
The 20th Anniversary TA is the best car on the list hands down! I would love to find one of those in good shape. Nice looking car with the Grand National drivetrain :drool:

The owner of the Chevrolet dealership two blocks from my house has a beautiful red one, I'll have to get some picks of it :love:

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
like a gnx drive drain? and by the way why did they test a lx stang why not a gt i hate lx fox bodys but i like the 87 and up gt's and the old school svo's go figure