MK3 Supra Paint Color

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
I am going to be gettin my MK3 Supra painted but not sure on the color yet, I was thinking I would see what you guys think! I would go with black but I want a color that will really stick out and get attn. I was thinking WRX metalic blue but its hard to decide on a color when you dont know how it will look on a specific car. I know color can make or break a car!! im not a big fan of red, green or white. I am even open to canary yellow or orange but I have no idea how it would look on the car so its hard to decide. maybe WRX blue with white racing stripes down the center like a viper? You guys decide, also if u know any good sites that you can view different paint colors let me know!! - Eric

Attachments

• ZZ051226_104959.jpg
    ZZ051226_104959.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 80

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
No racing stripes, please. If any at all, I think the only way to go is a single stripe off-center.

A deep blue would be a fine choice. If you want to stay with Toyota paint, maybe you can get baltic blue or RSP [royal sapphire pearl] from a MkIV? Many people go nuts for the purple-ish blue of RSP. Or how about the dark blue they were using on the last Celica?

Another fine choice would be if you could get your hands on the JDM "Alpine Green" paint [I think that was the name]. I don't care for the JDM craze, and green isn't my thing, but DAMN it looks good on our cars!
AlpineGreen.JPG

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
A lot of the new nissian paint is nice to the white on the 350z is freakin nice check out house of kolor for some crazy paint I wonder what the MKIII would look like M3 blue

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
What color is your interior? That will narrow down your choices (I hope). No racing stripes and if you're going to change the color please, please paint the jams and the engine bay. Yeah its expensive, but without, It looks horrible IMO. If it were me, I'd paint it pearl white from the 87-88ish paint codes.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i wanted to paint my car that green color... i thought it was a british thing not a JDM...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Justins right, take that thing off the hood, also striping it down is the best way to go about changing the color.
you dont want stuff to show up, like your engine bay be white while the rest of the car is blue.
Black is the best imo, ive got tinted windows like a mofo, so my whole car is jet black cept the saws :(

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
supradan22 said:
...check out house of kolor for some crazy paint...

Definitely! It's just hard to find paint shops willing to work with HOK(at least around here).
If I had the cash, I'd get HoK Black Pearl/Midnight Blue. Looks black in the shade/at night and dark blue metallic in the sun.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
To bad your not in florida I would have got ya a deal with my school thats all we use is HOK im currently at Md florida tech taking auto body you get discounts on any auto body related too.

I really like the lexus blue that Mike had on his 1jz supra.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
grsupra87 said:
^^^^Then go with the Celica dark blue. On the 7th gen celicas it is called "Carbon Blue Metallic". Looks almost black, with blue metalflake. Sounds like what you would like, plus its not HOK.

There is a huge difference in person between the Celicas 'standard' dark blue metallic and the HOK pearl. I have seen the Celica close up, and have the HOK paint book, and the HOK color is just amazing compared to any other pearl blue that I've seen.

And supradan, how long will you be going to school in Orlando? My parents just moved down there, but I won't have the $$$ for a paint job untill early 2k7. Though I'm planning a trip down there after I get some bills paid off(prob September).

vash_vts

Dec 24, 2005
St. Louis
Personally i would go with either Pearl White like the 300zx's or a nice deep high-gloss black, thats what i'm trying to decide between right now. And if your interior doesnt match just get some SEM vinyl dye anc dye your vinyl to match!

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
aaronc222 said:
There is a huge difference in person between the Celicas 'standard' dark blue metallic and the HOK pearl. I have seen the Celica close up, and have the HOK paint book, and the HOK color is just amazing compared to any other pearl blue that I've seen.

And supradan, how long will you be going to school in Orlando? My parents just moved down there, but I won't have the $$$ for a paint job untill early 2k7. Though I'm planning a trip down there after I get some bills paid off(prob September).

Well ill be there till I finish high school currently doing dual enrollment. So about may of 2007 but I will be living here for a while so if you need help just let me know.

Oh and for interior if yours is in good shape just color dye it to me vinly looks really cheap on seats IMO.