mk3 in a racing mag...

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Hey everyone, I got into GRM (Grassroots Motorsports) this month and figured I'd share the article (Thanks to Nick on SF for the link)
This was from VIR in the Fall, to bad the 944's and C6's I was playing with aren't in the frame too.
See yall out there,
Brian

p1056975_1.jpg

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Nice. You're epic lack of stickerage is somewhat unsettling however. J/K I would have as many as I do if they werent required

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
getting interested into roadcoarse and autocross, could I ask if any mods to the oil pan/pump pickup tube with high G's on the 7m???

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Sweet. :)

I previously was subscribed to GRM. Honestly is just about my favorite magazine other than SCC & Turbo Mag.
They don't cover overdone cars (Or as I like to refer to as the typical "F&F car".

They show REAL cars driven by real owners and discuss lots of real-life things in the car world.

Go figure, My 1 year expired, I got lazy and forgot to subscribe again, and now a Mk3 gets in it. :biglaugh:

Good stuff, Brian.

Jeff

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Thanks folks, was cool to see it in there. For the question about oil system, no mods to it (stock filter and cooler, original engine w/ new rings ~150k (using oil) now at 199k, 10w40 Valvoline w/ BG MOA) I don't overrev the engine though (shifting at 5.5k-6k)

Thanks for that link though, I'm hoping to build an engine soon and will be accounting for more grip and better oiling capacity (since I plan to rev that one harder) Even with the 3.73 you run out of gear in places, 7k+ would be a nice help.

Solo1Supra

Dec 3, 2006
Nesquehoning,PA
Brian, I think you'll like Time Trials. I ran it with the SCCA a few years ago with my MKII. Granted SCCA switched the name from Solo1, but I didn't do many road course events.
Hillclimbs were my big thing. We ran the Jefferson course at Summit Point.

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
I think time trials will be a good fit and in certain classes I'm hoping I'll be competitive (Nasa's classing is points based so I'll be somewhat stockish for a while and if I've got the money later could try a fasssst class)

Haven't run Jefferson yet but I've been to Summit Main a few times. There are some locals that run hillclimbs at Jefferson and in PA, once I'm qualified I'm planning to make some trips with those guys to try it out.
You still active in the events?

Brian