Mk3 2JZGE W58 swap

WangMK3

Jul 25, 2024
Hi everyone, got an 87 with the N/A 7M and auto trans and am looking to swap to a non-vvti N/A 2jz and a w58, I’ve tried to search all around here and the other forum but can’t seem to find a direct answer to what all I will need. I have the engine with harness and I have the trans, I know i will need to order the engine mount brackets from drift motion, I’ll need a clutch pedal and brake pedal setup for a manual car, what else do I need to make it work? May be going N/A-T in the future with it pushing low boost (I know I should go R154 but w58 will work for now.) my main questions are, will my current driveshaft work? Or at least the front slip yoke? Will I be able to mate the 2jz engine harness to the rest of the car without it being a huge PITA? What master/slave/lines will I need? Any mk3 manual one will work or need to be a specific? Will my current trans crossmember work for the w58? Would I just be using a 2jz manual clutch/pressure plate/flywheel? Etc. TIA. I’ve been able to find little info here and there but I can’t seem to find anything for sure.

NARFALICIOUS

Jul 2, 2014
Here
not sure I can help much with the manual swap parts, you need to search the forum because there's threads out there.

The clutch and flywheel you can get from Driftmotion.
Driftmotion also has the 2JZ to 86-88 engine brackets, but I ended up getting mine from ebay for 1/3 the price.
Shaftmasters has the driveshafts: https://shaftmasters.com/toyota-supra-mk3-driveshaft3.html
Wiring can be done if you are good with electrical, otherwise you can have one made by one of the companies out there like Tweak'd or Wiring Specialties.