Mary's Peak run - Oct8

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I know its short notice and we talked about it in the other thread but I thought I would start a thread so as not to be confusing.

Cwapface is coming up to Corvallis from Eugene on the 8th anyway, so he and I are gonna hook up and do a peak run. anyone else want to join us that would great. Figure on early afternoon, say around 1PM meet time. If you cant make it until later thats fine too, let me know when you might be able to be in town.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
i would love to do this, but its to short notice, maybe next time, if i get more notice

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Where were you planning on meeting? Varsity House parking lot will be very empty as a lot of the guys are going on a retreat this weekend. That would make it easier for me to meet up with you guys even if I can't do the Mary's Peak run.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
loki2043 said:
where is that place? and is this in corvallis? i might be up that way anyway on sunday....

yes Cornvally, sorry forgot to put that. I dont know where Varsity House is yet. Swaq?

If you are headed this way anways thats perfect, come join us.

For those of you that dont know Marys Peak is the highest point in the Oregon Coast range at 4,097ft. The road up there is quite fun, and from Corvallis takes only about 45 minutes to get to the top. There is a nice open parking lot at the top and a great view. Its a good place to take some pictures. I will bring along my Fugi 5MP camera for photo ops at the top.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
damn... sunday i gotta go to pir with somebody to check out the scca meetup thing... tomorrow saturday would be better.... well.. sorta.. auctually sunday would be nice and tomorrow at pic would be better but too bad its not workign out that way!!! lol ill let you know if i can make it or not later tonight or tomorrow

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Varsity is near 9th and Monroe. It's across from the 1st Baptist Church on 9th st. An afternoon meeting should be fine, as the church only uses the lot in the morning on Sunday as far as I'm aware.

The exact address is:
119 NW 9th St.
Corvallis, OR 97330

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Get those knock sensors rewired and the intake back on Tim? I woulda stayed longer but I had to go watch the Beavers lose :3d_frown:

If your still at it tomorrow maybe we can stop by and lend a hand for an hour or two. Besides, I might need my videographer to ride with me ;)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Just got back from the peak. Dillon and I were the only ones who ran up there. Swaq met us at varsity house but had other obligations. We drove over to Tims, but he was still under his hood (literally, like whole body on top of the motor...lol) fixing some issues. We ran to my house to get him a working TPS. Hopefully that got rid of his code51.

While parked in front of Tims some guy visiting the girls next door backs up in his Camaro and clips my front bumper, taking paint off! :aigo: :3d_frown: He was young and we exchanged info, but its probably only bad enough to hit with some touch up paint. But what a dumbass!

Dillon and I made the peak run, took some pics (which he will have to post, I forgot my camera) and made it back down ok. On the way back passed a Trooper who had someone pulled over. The trooper was driving a dark green Chevy Silverado with a "lumber rack" looking thing on the back that had his lights stealthed into. Had he not had someone else pulled over I think we would have been looked at pretty seriously.

Lucy started every time I tried her today. Even after a hard run to the top. Alls well that ends well.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
His name was Terry, and it was last gen, dunno exact year, green with 6spoke polished. If you see one around town with red paint on his front bumper, thats the guy.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
My pics are up here: http://gallery.dylanwiggins.com/v/2006/Marys+Peak+Run+10-8-06/

It was a fun ride, although I wish we could have had 3 or 4 supras bombing up the mountain :D One of my shitty rear tires decided to wait until this morning to shred, so like Weezl said, all's well that ends well. I'll be there for the next one!

One does not simply walk into mary's peak

DSC_6406.jpg

DSC_6411.jpg

DSC_6420.jpg

Last edited:

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
i would have came but im broke as fuck right now and only got a quarter tank of gas.. :nono: are you guys rollin up to portland for the supra burger>??

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Those are nice photos Dylan!

I am kinda disinterested in doing the portland thing to be quite honest. Eugene, Corvallis Salem is about the range Im looking to stay in for regular meets. Beyond that would have to be something pretty special.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
theWeezL said:
Those are nice photos Dylan!

I am kinda disinterested in doing the portland thing to be quite honest. Eugene, Corvallis Salem is about the range Im looking to stay in for regular meets. Beyond that would have to be something pretty special.
oh its going to be special :)
Come on, the more the merrier!
I mean hell, I'm driving about 200 miles down for it!